Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Summer in full swing.

Let the parties begin. Fished monday night on Lauerl Lake and looks like summer is in full swing. I know it is a holiday but seems like it doesn't end until sometime in September. Started about 7:00 P.M. and fished till midnight but was real aggravaitng with all the party boats,jet skis, and tubers out there. I don't mind people enjoying the summer but come on if you see some folks fishing don't try to make their life miserable.
    It is hard to enough to catch fish with out a couple of jet skis running toward the boat just to see how much commotion they can cause. Even had some tubers cut in front of the boat on the way to one of our honey holes. It was a little to close for my taste and if the man had fallen off I ain't to sure that we would have time to miss him.It finally calmed down at around 11:00 P.M. but by then I had already given up the good fight. I guess I needed to vent just a little, anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it.
    Whatever the case be careful out there, I believe that enough lives have been taken on the waters this year ( more than I can remember in a long while), watch out for those who can't seem to watch out for themselves!!

Post Thanks / Like

P.S Don't forget your medicine.

We still managed to catch a couple of fish in the 10 foot waves that all the traffic caused. To bad I forgot my sea sick pills. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

dcbasser

We generally stay off the water around this holiday, good time to get the honeydo's done. Much needed time off too unless tourneys are scheduled this weekend, then I would put the tourney on a river, not a lake. Fun fishing is another story, it is meant to relax, drink a few rootbeers, get a tan, get wet, not sure what else to do to get away from those buggers. If I had a tourney on the lakes this time of year I would have to run to the farthest spot way from a marina, there are some yes. I do remember a path somewhere south that does not have a lake accessed gas pump for quite a while, that would be a good area.

Elijah Orr
    Kentucky Lake Bass Club
    Asst. TD
    270-354-5285
    ede037@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like

RE: bassbest

The problem is if take the time off to stay home and get the honey-dos done I may not get back on the lake till maybe this time next year. LOL. However I may take some time off the big lakes and get back to the creeks just to enjoy till everything cools off a little bit. Know a few holes in my area where there are some good smalljaws to be caught on light tackle and enjoy the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Summer in full swing.

You can't beat 'em, so why not join 'em ?!?! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Too old,Too ugly,and don't look good in a bathing suit. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Try some of the smaller lakes that have hp restrictions or the few that have no skiing/jet skiing/swimming, such as Willisburg in Washington Co.