Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

looking for a good SM/Strper guide on C'land.......

I'm looking into booking a Smallie/striper trip on C'land sometime in Oct. Can anyone give me some good reccomendations, with good service and rates in mind??? Also like to find one in the J'town to the Dam area to save me alittle on the drive. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: looking for a good SM/Strper guide on C'land.......

I used Gerald Bates guide service 2 years ago when I first started fishing for Stripers, www.fishlakecumberland.com. Went out with him in October on a terrible fishing day, high blue skies and rising barometer. Only caught 1 keeper fish but I asked a million questions and he answered all of them. Never even owned a planer board before trip but went out that day and bought 4 plus all other goodies. Went out the next morning and caught 5 keepers, biggest 22 lb, had 15 keepers total for all week. Would not have caught a fish if it was not for what I learned from him. Excellent guide if you are wanting a guide to put you on fish and learn in the process. If I ever needed a guide again I would not hesitate to schedule him again. Even to this day I will call him and get some info on what the stripers are doing and he helps me out. Fine gentleman. Same year he won numerous tourney's on the Stiper national tour including the year end championship.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, did not see the part about SM. Not sure but I don't think there is a full time Smallie or Bucketmouth guide on the lake. I looked for one when I started fishing there a couple of years back to no avail. I could be wrong but I believe the million different Striper guides have pretty much took over the lake.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend Bates. Great guy and you'll learn a whole lot about striper fishing. Based out of Jamestown too.

Andrew

JBehr Guest

Randall Gibson and Greg Cary of KY Trophy Guide Service will do striper and/or smallies...not sure about LM. Both are excellent.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

You might take a look at Charlie Guffey for a good guide service, too. I think his service is G & S Guide Service (Charlie Guffey and Lance Sasser). I've been out with Charlie 3 or 4 times and we caught plenty of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished with Micah Brown a couple yrs. ago, had a pretty good day striper fishing.

onemorecast56 Guest

hey Jeremys, I use to guide some down at the dam area for smallies and have had all happy people. I stopped do to the cost of getting down there and staying a couple of days,,,,i didn`t make that much after all was said and done,,,,but had FUN doing it. If you`d like I could take you out and get you some nice fish and all I`ll charge ya is for gas. I fish the lake from the dam to beaver creek. If you`d like to see some nice smallie pic`s even a 7lb 2 oz smallie just let me know. I enjoy taking people out and show them a good time

Doug Meyer
    onemorecast56@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-05 AT 08:08PM (EST)[/font][p]Doug that's sounds good, when would you reccomend going out??? AT the moment I'm tied up with OT at work but I've got some vacation coming up at the end of the month ( Oct. 29,30,31th) the 31st is for my little girl but the sat. & sunday before is open if you'd like to go then. Here;s my email .....jeremycls2003@yahoo.com if you'd like to reach off of here.
    Thanks,
    Jeremy

if you got any pics send'em my way if it's not too much trouble...