Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Barren Night Fishing

Hey Guys,
    I will be headed to Barren to do some night fishing this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows if the bite on or off. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Night Fishing

If I had a clue, I would share. When the sun goes over the hill, I might as well be getting my boat on the trailer. I wish someone would share some technique or something. I think that I have caught two fish after dark this year and one of those was a catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Barren many years ago and someone said that they dont call it Barren for nothing. Maybe its changed a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PROANGLER746 View Post
    Fished Barren many years ago and someone said that they dont call it Barren for nothing. Maybe its changed a little.
    alot...has some good smallmouth too...

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish Barren and night years ago too and did pretty well at times. I remember a trip in late May and we must have caught 20 keepers one night. But what I remember most about night fishing Barren was it seemed every time I tried on the weekends there were night tournaments going on and you had to get in line to fish a point. Several years ago we camped at Barren at Baily's point over a long weekend and I remember laying in my tent in the middle of the night listening to the bass boats flying around the lake like the Indy 500 and told myself that's it for Barren. I haven't tried night fishing there since.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys, Barren is a excellent night fishing lake. Its always good to know if the bite is better before you get to the lake. If not one can still grind out a few if the bite is not good. I'm going to be giving it a try tonight in hoped to catch a few big em's. Barren is one of our better lakes that offers some pretty nice size bass. I will post our catch for anyone that wants lake information. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

seem like if i could'nt get a bite anywhere else the bluffs with a jig or crank would get something,maybe a hybrid too..

Post Thanks / Like

hit main lake channel bluff walls and youll do just fine...usually when were down there we'll throw jigs and worms all night..one night i remember we had well over 25 keepers out of 3 of us one night

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,
    My night of fishing went pretty well I guess. My parter and I had nine good keepers of large mouths and spots. The bait of choice was soft plastics t-rig. Seems the bluff walls are where most of the fish came from. Lake seems to be in pretty good shape at the moment. Sunday night is a good night to fish, usually have most of the lake to yourself. Water temp was right at 79 degrees.
    Thanks