Search Fishin.com

Thread: Yatesville

Post Thanks / Like

Yatesville

I was thinking about heading to Yatesville next weekend, Oct 8. I heard there is a KBF tourney there sometime in the near future. Does anyone know when? Also are they alowed to pre-fish the weekend before. I just don't want to drive down there and have to compete with a hundred boats just to do some fun fishing. Thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Yatesville

Its always crowded there on the weekend. what part of the lake are you planning on fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

The KBF is the weekend of the 15th and 16th. It's the state champ T which is 102 boats total. There may be a few people from the KBF practicing the weekend of the 8th but I doubt it'll be all that many. Surely not enough to impact your fishing. Yatesville's location will limit pre fishing time for many of the KBF's competitors.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea. I've only been once, two years ago. All I really remember is we did well in a cove that has an island out by it in the main lake. We caught them on spinner baits in 7 foot of water around the standing timber. We went way back up the river to a place where it T's and caught a few up there in the flats. I think it was this time of year and I've always wanted to go back. We put in at the state dock. It was a beautiful lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help with the tournament info.

Post Thanks / Like

you were fishing at carter island. alot of fish are caught in this area of the lake. unfortunatly not a real pattern going on right now to pass on to you. Hit the timber and points. Jerk baits, spins, and crigs.

Head back to rich creek. alot of timber, and alot of fish. Daniels branch is a good place as well. Just be careful if you fish past Daniels Branch. Make sure if the big motor if runnign to stay in the channel markers. There are places its only a foot or so in the middle of the lake at summer pool.

Let me know how you do.

James

Post Thanks / Like

make sure you hit little blain as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Going tomorrow and will post how we do when we get back. Post should be up Wednesday since we are on fall break. If you'd rather me keep it to those who helped,ie..replied, just post your email and I'll send it to you. If not I'll just post it here. Thanks for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like

please post. i am curious how it is going down there. haven't been there in a month or so.