Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

trolling motor needed

I've got an older OMC Cobra that seems to have died on me. I'm looking at getting a new 12V, foot controlled motor. My boat has the plug outlet with the three openings in a circle shape.
    OK, Here are my questions:

* Does anyone know if there are any newer motors that still use that same type of plug?

*Is it easy and/or cost effective to swap out the old outlet with a newer one?

*Could anyone reccomend someone who works on OMC trolling motors near BG? I've already asked SOKY Marine and BG Marine and neither of them do. I would like to keep the old one as a back-up if possible.

Any info appreciated.
    Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: trolling motor needed

I havent seen the old three prong connectors in quite a while.Except the one I had to replace with a 4 prong on my boat. I just bought a new motorguide for my Stratos 201 this summer and had to buy the newer four prong to mate with the plug on the motor, The new plug cost about $22.00 Im sure you could find one cheaper if you are willing to spend the time looking. Maybe try Bass pro shops. As far as BG, I have no idea. Although Im pretty sure there are a few places to call in glasco (Near Barren). Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Just replaced my trolling motor and I put the new style connectors in they seem to handle the heat better you can buy the female male kit at BPS for 20 bucks. The new wires screw in and are water resitant, it didn't take anytime to do and it works great. I hope this helps, as for the repair of the old one I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. It doesn't sound like its that painful on the wallet or the brain to re-rig it. My brother will be coming over for the weekend and said he'll take a look at the motor. He's a lot more knowledgable as well as mechanically inclined.

Tight lines, Brian.

Post Thanks / Like

hey i just won a new trolling motor,if interested ill sell it.its a minnkota 55-AT....its 12volt and its foot cotrolled.its new in the box.it sells for 398.00....ill take 250.00 for it...i just won it at Ky Lake last week,and i cant use a 12 volt .....if interested or anyone else is interested , email me or call me.dhread01@insightbb.com or (502)777-3676....thanks Dale