Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Busted 'em at Nolin

My buddy Tim and I fished Nolin Today, Got on the lake before Dawn, and it was pretty foggy so we made a short run to a point we know that usually holds a few fish. We didn't leave that spot for almost 1 1/2 hours. I caught the Largest bass of the day (4 + pounds) Tim had a nice walleye right next to the boat on a crank bait but it shook off. My guess would be about 3 pounds or so. Was planning to junk fish, and had several rods rigged with various lures, but never put the carolina rig down. Every spot we pulled up to held active fish. Also caught a good Spotted bass, about three pounds. Wish We had been in a tourney, Course if we were, we would have probably blanked. Anyway, all the fish we caught were on main and secondary points leading into cuts and creeks. The key was to keep the c-rig moving (Very short pauses if any) yet keeping it on the bottom. Hope to go down again soon. good luck to all!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Busted 'em at Nolin

Fished Nolin yesterday, caught 2 or 3 12-13 inchers and a few smaller fish. Caught em on spinners and a small crank in a minnow pattern. Spoke with one of the Fish and Wildlife guys, said he was hearing it was slow but that saturday they were hittin like crazy.