Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyable to watch the younger ones

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-05 AT 12:00PM (EST)[/font][p]I have never been one much for tournaments as some of you know. I had never fished a T until this year and enjoyed the ones I fished this year I will admit.
    The son of a friend of mine fished (in the 11-14age group) KBF Junior State Tourney this weekend at Nolin Lake. Since I was planning on fishing this weekend I thought I would attend the weigh in both days. I was glad I did I was very impressed with the whole deal. I will have to say the people working the tournament worked with the kids and did an excellent job I think. I was really pleased and enjoyed with the way it was handled and the behavior of all of the juniors. They were an example for some of the adults to watch, admire and maybe even learn from. My friend son did not place in the top three but I still enjoyed watching him and the other juniors anglers weigh in and talk about the day. People if you enjoy bass fishing, tournaments or fishing in general and you ever get the chance to watch these young men and women you should they are our future pros to watch possibly. Regardless if they placed in the top three or not their parents should be very proud of these young people they deserve it.
    I met one young man (15-18 age group) and his father Saturday afternoon that I really enjoyed talking with. It was very interesting to listen to this young angler talk about the day and techniques. I told him a few places to try the next day and made a few suggestions of lures that I had been catching fish on I even gave him a few I make myself to try if he wished. A few minutes later that young man handed me a couple of hand made jigs made for him and trailers to try. Told me the area where he caught his fish that day and thank me for the information. From what I seen most of the youngsters were like this, very impressive and polite. My hat is off to all of the Junior Anglers at this tournament!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Enjoyable to watch the younger ones

Heard about the tournament but did not get to attend the weighin. Does any one know who won and what it took to win. Would like to see the weights for both age groups.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Enjoyable to watch the younger ones

I had the names and weights written down if I can find them I will post them for you. If I remember correctly Bradley Roy won the 15-18 with 10+ lbs.