Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

any hints on barren

We went this week end up at bailys caught a few small mouths and a13 large mouth and a couple of pan sized hybrid butthat was about it did not see a whole lot of fish being brought in any where I guess they may be heading to the creeks any one got any ideas

Post Thanks / Like

RE: any hints on barren

Dennis, me and a buddy fished Barren last night. We caught quite a few fishing tubes on points and bluffs near the points, but all were short except for a nice 16" spot. My buddy caught the spot with a tube on a main lake point. I did catch a little smallie on a crank but everything else came off sissified finesse baits.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a VERY succesful trip chasing shad way up skaggs, almost to Beaver, fishing pockets. I was casting a shad crankbait that ran under the schools of shad that I saw. I would fish a school of shad until I couldn't see it anymore then cast the banks until I saw another school. Probably not much help since you can't predict where the schools will be now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys, got a question for ya though my boat set still most of the summer due to my accident we hauled it in from the marina and I was cleaning the hull and found some what looked like very small mussels in the pontoon braces do we have a zebra mussel population here or is this just a a natural species I know up north that they inspect some out of state boats before they can be launched in resticted waters. do we have anything to worry about here. One more thing have you guys seen the osprey down by the dam that is one beautiful bird I saw him hit a shad the other morning it was a truely awe inspiring sight.