Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Help with Guist Creek

Okay all of you people on fishin.com. Guist Creek never been there, never even seen the lake before. I may be fishing there next week with some friends and I am looking, asking, no pleading for all of the help I can get in the way of tips, information, lure selection or color I do not care anything is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! It would be terrible to let the guy I will be fishing with there beat me; he has never been there before either. It is a personal thing you all know how it is. Could you let a friend beat you while you are in the boat together when it will be for the bragging rights for the rest of the year between you, even if it is for fun between friends? I need a little edge, no matter how small, of course it is kind of hard to hide too much when you both going to be only 12-15 apart while fish but it would still be fun to surprise him with a fast couple of fish!!!
    Thanks ahead of time for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think it is too late, because that was not a rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Help with Guist Creek

Guist gets a lot of pressure, so downsizing usually helps me. Small crankbaits, spinners, 4" worms if the water's clear.

I don't see too many people fishing C-rigs on Guist, so that's a fair choice if it's tough. Which is often.

The best "inside" tip I could give you on Guist is that most people buzz right through the marina no-wake area and there are always some fish in there.

"60 wall" is probably the best known place for big fish. There's another good deep bank with cover across the lake from 60 wall and about 1/4 mile closer to the dam.

If it's rainy watch for schooling fish. Good luck.

jcb

Post Thanks / Like

The tips I can give you are these. Small crankbaits in firetiger. and small worms in junebug and sometime black (early in mornings).
    As far as areas: 1. Bank across from ramp (release fish)
    2. Second creek on left as you head out of the no wake zone.(Point holds a lot of smaller fish)3.The Dam area (Use the worms and firetiger cranks in this area). And #4 is the bank that runs along US60.
    Hope this helps
    Busman
    Guistcreek Bassmasters

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. I will give all a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I would head back past the bridge and flip plastics in the cover and through firetiger and shad pattern cranks. Be careful the water is extremely low right now.