Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Evening fishing secret ?

I've read about the evening fishing secret on the In Fisherman.
    I know that it works by attracting zooplankton, which in turn attracts baitfish, which in turn attracts gamefish. Doesn't a light do the same thing? Anybody know what makes it a secret? Has anyone used one before? Any opinions? This seems too good to be true.

Don Smith Guest

RE: Evening fishing secret ?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-05 AT 06:46AM (EST)[/font][p]Your talking about the send me 200 bucks and I'll send you a 29.00 green fishing light right?

Save yourself some money, order a green submersible light from Bass Pro, its EXACTLY the same thing. The lights work, without a doubt, we use them on a regular basis while night fishing for walleye on C-land in June/July.

Don
    Likes ron wire liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Smith View Post
    [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-05 AT 06:46AM (EST)[/font][p]Your talking about the send me 200 bucks and I'll send you a 29.00 green fishing light right?

Save yourself some money, order a green submersible light from Bass Pro, its EXACTLY the same thing. The lights work, without a doubt, we use them on a regular basis while night fishing for walleye on C-land in June/July.

Don
    what is c land..?

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Cumberland

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Eggertsen is the owner and all he does is take well proven techniques and hawks them as "secret fishing information".
    He's also the same guy that had a "1947 secret weapon" ad .... that turned out to be a $200 underwater 12V green light But, that wasn't the "red flag" that alerted me to the sales tactics of this guy ... it was the fact that the ad stated that you had to hurry up and order within the next few days or chance missing out on the deal. The problem (red flag) is ... it was STILL saying that same thing months later, even YEARS later. And it STILL DOES !!

He's a "salesman" ... but, whether or not he's a "fisherman", I'm dubious. From what I can gather from his "ads", he basically takes info from various sources and just regurgitates it. His "info" is then packaged in these extensively long web promos, with all kinds of "guarantees".

He's even gone so far as to use terminology that I MADE UP ... namely "Vertical Casting" which I wrote an article on, over 16yrs ago, & posted it. No credit given, no attempt to contact me about the article (that I'm aware of), and no mention of the fact that "he" didn't invent the term (but simply took it off the internet). Since I "invented" the term, I seriously doubt any of his "old school secrets" buddies ever uttered it.
    (here's my 16+ year old article : http://www.crappie.com/articles/crappiepappy.htm )
    (here's his 2007 remake: http://www.askcrappiefishing.com/wha...l-casting.html )
    Likes roadrunner, kykingfish53 liked this post