Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake Report?

I am going to KY Lake on Wednesday and Thursday to do some bass fishing. I have been there in the spring but never the fall. Will be stayink at the state park on 68-80 and will not fish in Tennessee at all.

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Kentucky Lake Report?

Start off with reading Dave's report. It will eliminate alot of water for you. Just ignore the section on trout fishing.....LOL I am sure there are some people who will chime in who have fished it real recently too. Good luck and stay safe.

Buck

Post Thanks / Like

I was there a week ago tommorrow (10/4 -10/7) and Jonathan creek points and pockets were productive on top water and black spinner baits at night. Good Luck !

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been yet but I hear they are tearing them up in the grass. I've heard all of the big tournaments are being won in the grass on South Kentucky lately. Can't wait to try it. Supposedly there is grass everywhere, bays, pockets and main lake. I supposed you just have to fish it to figure it all out.

Have they drawn the water down lower, faster this year? I ususally fish Little River alot this time of year and have seen several boats stuck and/or trolling without lower units in the past three weeks. With the water temperature dropping so fast I sure wouldn't want to have to get out and push these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday we caught a lot of fish on points or corners inside bays on the south (inside kentucky) lbl side. We caught most of them on cranks. Very early morning was the best bite for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Baitknocker... important tip

I wanted to remind you of the recipricol (spelling??) agreement between KY and TN. This will let you fish TN waters on a KY fishing license all the way down to the hwy 79 bridge.

I know you said you were not going to fish TN waters, but just thought I would let you know. I've been trying to get down there to launch at Kenlake all week, but my mother-in-law has been very sick from her treatments, and I'm staying around for until she gets better. Maybe I'll see you there Thursday, as long as we don't have to hospitalize her. I'll be in a Maroon Ford and a White and Blue Trition TR21. Give me a holler.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Baitknocker... important tip

Hey guys, I am in need of some info, I 'm coming down next wed. and plan on fishing down towards blood river, can anyone tell me whats going on down that way? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow up Report -

Wednesday Morning - First Light

Started at the mouth of the 1st cove I came to throwing a black buzz bait - hung and lost a 4 - 6 pound bass on the first cast.
    caught and landed a boat load up to about 9:30 with my 5 largest going around 14 lbs. Then the top water bite shut down and I searched everywhere and only caught 2 other fish all day. Threw spinners, rattle traps, craink baits, jigs and carolina riged brush hogs!

Day two - I could not wait to get there at 1st light with the previous day's top water bite. I caught one around 2.5 lbs within my 1st 10 casts and did not get another bite. Tried different locations and nothing. Finally moved down to the blood river area after trying many other pattrens and around 10:30 tied on a tube and started catching fish around deep slopes around 10 feet, my f largest would have gone around 12 lbs.

I had an enjoyable trip and finally caught some nice fish at KY Lake!

Post Thanks / Like

This is only the 5th fall that I have lived on KY Lake, so my depth of experience is not so great, butt, I have not seen the lake this low, ever. Not even in the dead of winter.

TVA has to let out a minimum amount of water to keep the Tennessee River flowing, and since there has been no rain since the last hurricane blew through, there is no water to replace what is being let out.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the lake is 6" over winter pool...but it normally does not get to winter pool until early December.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it is just me. The end of my dock has always layed on the mud flat in my bay every year, butt, the water has always stayed within a couple of feet from the end of the dock. Right now, the water is an easy 6 feet from the end of said dock. Maybe there is just more mud in the bay this year, which, thinking about it makes sense seeing that my neighbor has stripped almost all plant life holding the soil down in his yard and you could see his yard floating off into the lake every time it rained (big brown streak going into the lake).

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it is definitely about 6" lower right now than it normally is for this time of year...hopefully the rain we have in the forecast will be help.