Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

South KY Lake fishing... not much

I got to fish for a few hours, launched out of Kenlake.

Water was stained on mainlake, but pretty clear in the bays I was in.

I found a school of KY's under a moored barge, and a few stripers on a hump in the mouth of a bay, but other than that, notta.

Most of the time, the lake was smoothe as glass, and the water temp was 68-69 degrees. There were a lot of little silver shad flipping, but boy, other than that, I saw very little. Heck, even the gulls were staying on the water. I did not see any of them even in the air fishing. The blue herrens, the best fisherman on the lake, I did not see a single one eat!!!

The best thing is that it was the most relaxation I've had in a very long time. Something I really needed.

Hoping to be back on the water next week... love being able to fish during the week and skip Saturdays and Sundays.

D

Post Thanks / Like

RE: South KY Lake fishing... not much

I also enjoy those peaceful days on the water even when the fish are not on. Did you catch any? It's great weather for a little time on the water, i love this time of year(second to spring)!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: South KY Lake fishing... not much

True, I love that relaxation, and I needed it very badly right now. Lots of stuff going on.

I did catch several of those KY's and just a couple of the little stripers. No size.

Probably the best thing was I was able to locate several brush piles that are normally under about 4 or 5 feet of water, and I was able to store them in my GPS, plus with no pressure of trying to fish a tournament, I located a few humps. The one where I found the stripers I had never seen, and don't remember ever seeing anyone fish there before. I do know the hump/ledge has tree stumps on it, as I brought up the bark off one of them on my hook.

I plan on heading back next week, but not sure when. It looks like I may have an interview first of the week. If so, obviously I will need to wait until after that is over.

Danny