Search Fishin.com

Thread: Nolin

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin

Fishing Nolin tomorrow, Anyone been down? I know the corps. will probably start to drop the lake pretty hard tomorrow, if anyone has any hints for falling water, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Nolin

Fished Nolin out of Wax last night for about three hours. Boated 3 fish all keepers, missed 2 more good fish between 4 and 5 lbs. The keepers were a 15.25" Spot(black spinnerbait), 17.5" LM (on a plastic bait I make)and a 6lb 9oz LM, largest bass I have ever caught at Nolin (jig and trailer). All of the fish were caught on main lake on ledges. The biggest fish was caught in about 10-12 foot of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Just talked to the Corps office to confirm water schedule. They are starting draw-down tomorrow morning bright and early. The larger gates won't open until a little later in the day, but she'll have some current by mid-day to afternoon for sure.

Better loosen up your shoulder before you go...it might get jerked out of socket! Contrary to what you may hear about falling water, in the fall during drawdown I've always caught fish shallow at Nolin. Crankbaits...crankbaits....crankbaits in the daytime. Towards evening/nighttime switch to the spinner bait and jig/worm/creature...take your pick.

Come on MASBASS....let's GO!

Post Thanks / Like

Man I would but I have to work tomorrow, no choice this time.
    What about sunday? You going to be there sunday?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope...going to Nashville to see my Bengals play with my son. Be there Mon-Wed though on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Darn it I love to fish there and like to fish with you, even if I can not beat you (you are too lucky). There is just no way I can until late in the evening if at all. This has been scheduled for two weeks.

I would love to fish that T. Try to call me tonight around say 8:30 I will be at Western High school watch Corey play ball. I will try to work something out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about what happened to the soccer player at Western H.S.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was bad. We will be playing Western tonight at Western High School and I know a lot of our football players have been talking about it this week. It is always hard as a parent to hear about things like that when your kid plays sports reguardless if it is close to home or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I plan on getting on the lake before sun up, so maybe I can catch up with em before the corps starts to really let it go. I think I can come up with a pretty good plan based on the replys you guys posted, Thanks again.