Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Green River Muskie, crapie & walleye oh, my!

Spent the entire day and night (16 hours in my boat) Wed 10/12 on the lake. Here's the report... water temp 72 degrees, water very clear, muskie and crapie very active along main lake points and small coves! Several nice catfish caught trolling 20 feet deep. Had poor luck with the walley

Crapie... easy pickin's in 20-25 feet of water near the fish attractors/ brush piles, mostly small, 8 -10 inchers. Suspended 11 -14 feet deep.

Muskie... would you muskie hunters please thin out the heard a little at the GRL! Several small muskie were spotted trailing lures right up to the boat, better yet, several very large muskie were seen trailing hooked fish (crapie) right up to the boat and practically into the boat! One 40inch + fish remained around the boat for what seemed like minutes, waiting for the crapie to re-appear after being plucked from the lake. If I was thinking, I would have dislodged the hook faster and fed the hungry bugger to get rid of him. I was too busy staring at the critter that could have made lunch out of my arm!

The walleye... landed one nice keeper and lost a couple. I was trolling/ bottom bouncing a normally productive area at various depths but could not locate the fish. The ones that were hooked were at night using minnows and slip bobber in 26" of water.

Hope this report helps. Would appriciate any guidence on finding the walleye in Green. I know they're in there!!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Green River Muskie, crapie & walleye oh, my!

They are plenty of muskie in that lake. If you go in the fall when the water temps start to cool down and dont catch a muskey you are doing something wrong because in the fall when they get shallow it is easy to boat 2 or 3 a day.

R19