Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KBF State Team

Post Thanks / Like

KBF State Team

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-05 AT 10:13PM (EST)[/font][p]anybody know who won or made the state team? heard it was tough conditions. thx

Post Thanks / Like

RE: KBF State Team

Brad Taylor won it with 4 bass 8.91---in two days--all of his bass was caught on day one. Cut-off for alternate(13th)place was 4.45 lbs. It was truly a very tough tournament. Sunday, there was only 12 guys out fo 102 that weighed fish. It was about as tough as I ever saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds like yatesville to me

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-05 AT 10:08AM (EST)[/font][p]The fishing was as tough for me as I've ever seen period. I was among those who blanked after fishing for 2 days as hard as I could. I'm really really stung after dropping $600 and driving 700 miles, then performing so poorly. On the bright side, it's a pretty area, a nice looking lake, and I made some new friends.

Thanks to gettingonefishin for coming along and not laughing too much about my pitiful showing.

Post Thanks / Like

DH,

Sorry to hear you had such a tough time. I know what a good guy... and fisherman you are, not to sure about the catcherman anymore though...LMAO

I truly am sorry though, tough fishing seems to be the norm this time of year.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,
    I pre-fished 3 full days,tournament 2 days. I only had one keeper--17" about 3 or so lbs. on Friday and one keeper on Sat.--it weighed 3.85---enough for 11th on Sat. but dropped me out of contention on Sunday with no keepers. Definitely a nice lake as far as scenic, and within the next few days, if the weather and conditions break---you'll get your arm broke. There was alot of bass in the area I was fishing and I am willing to bet there are plenty in the 3-6 lb range. Unfortunately, I won't be anywhere near that lake when it happens----it will happen real soon. Wouldn't be suprised if by this weekend, it would take between 15-20 lbs to win a tournament there. Sure wish it would have been this past weekend. Glad to hear you made it home ok. Passed you around Winchester---I was halfway home, knew you had much farther to go.

Post Thanks / Like

that lake is impossible this time of year, if your not out in 25-40 feet you might as well go home, and at those depths in that lake, you basically have to drop it on their nose to get them to eat it, its tough, Im sure I wouldnt have done any better

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Devils Horse you are very welcome. And let me Thank you for taking me along and keeping your word on the expiences. You are alright in my book and am very glad I got to meet you. Hope we can get together soon and do some real fishin. I must say You took good care of me. Let me tell you other guys he wouldnt let me pay for nothing. A real good dude, so thanx again Jim. I had a great time and got to catch some fish. And did u notice that Brads second day catch was a rumor. I even caught a nice keeper LOL. And drawed a good person to observe we had a good 2 days fishing together. All around this was a very professional tornament. Professionally ran.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Dennis
    You can not be talking about the Devil Horse I know. He is tight with the money. He has his first nickle. OH OH, I forgot he was spending my money. I knew my back pocket felt a little light.
    Just kidding Jim. You are all class.
    See ya Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

He did say something to the effect that he was using winnings for the trip.

just kidding.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't make it under the wire Mark. In some ways, knowing you're a single keeper from the team is worse than a blank. Tough luck man, I wish you'd a got in.

Thanks Danny. I was humbled by this weekend's fishing, and hereby relenquish catcherman status. 'Specially since I never had it to begin with. BTW, the information you emailed me has been delivered to the right folks here with confirmed receipt. Don't try too hard on those interviews, if one goes well the result will cut into your fishing time.

Gettingone caught a keeper this weekend when most couldn't. Of course this is unverified second hand information, but unlike many fishermen, he wouldn't lie to me. Seriously, ggfishin is a top shelf guy and and an excellent angler (a ton of fishing smarts and the boy can flip a jig better'n me with one arm tied behind his back) but I have to say he is a lousy tour guide. Holler at me when you find a fish up there in the dead sea Dennis.

Ben, bring your social security number, you'll take so much of my money I can claim you as a dependent. I'm looking forward to introducing you to this small collection of misfits that has nerve to call itself a bass club. There's another guy from the board coming too. Another shark in the pool. No wonder I'm broke.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jim,

I appreciate the help.

I'm attending a dr's appointment with my mom in law, she is having some serious problems that may not be related to her cancer, but we definately need to get her in.

That is the reason I'm not fishing today. Depending upon the results, I will be out there tomorrow.

If I find any secret spots this week, I'll send them to you as a bribe to help me with the other information...LMAO

Danny