Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

How is Taylorsville?

I did not see how the tournament turned out at Tville this past Saturday. Has the bass bite picked up at all? I've been there the past couple of weekends, fish seem to still be out on the mainlake, haven't seen too much action back in the creeks yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: How is Taylorsville?

WENT TODAY FROM ABOUT 2:30 UNTIL DARK,CAUGHT PROBABLY 15-20 NON KEEPER CRAPPIE AND A FEW BASS.DIDN'T FISH REAL HARD BASS WERE ON SPINNERBAIT RIGHT ON THE BANK IN LITTLE BEECH IN THE END,CRAPPIE WERE IN THE TREES IN THERE OUT DEEPER.WATER IS GETTING DARK UP BY VANBUREN LIKE TURNOVER BUT SHAD ARE UP BY THE MILLIONS.DIDNT FISH UP THERE WAS GETTING LATE AND I WAS JUST LOOKING.HOPE IT HELPS
    WHISKER

Post Thanks / Like

I Bass fished on Saturday out of Van Buren and did not go past Timber Creek. I only had two bites and caught them both. One was a little 8-9 incher the other was a 11-12 incher. These were on a little crankbait. Also fished plastics, spinnerbaits, and jigs too. The Bluegill wer not even biting. Fished from about 7:30 to 11:30. Fished in the creeks and on main lake. Tough Day for me, Bluebird skies.

Post Thanks / Like

>WENT TODAY FROM ABOUT 2:30 UNTIL
    >DARK,CAUGHT PROBABLY 15-20 NON KEEPER
    >CRAPPIE AND A FEW BASS.DIDN'T
    >FISH REAL HARD BASS WERE
    >ON SPINNERBAIT RIGHT ON THE
    >BANK IN LITTLE BEECH IN
    >THE END,CRAPPIE WERE IN THE
    >TREES IN THERE OUT DEEPER.WATER
    >IS GETTING DARK UP BY
    >VANBUREN LIKE TURNOVER BUT SHAD
    >ARE UP BY THE MILLIONS.DIDNT
    >FISH UP THERE WAS GETTING
    >LATE AND I WAS JUST
    >LOOKING.HOPE IT HELPS
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >WHISKER

i put in at Van Buren as well. when you say, the water was getting darker...turnover, does that mean that part of the lake (upper end) will start turning over before further down the lake near the dam? i usually run up past chowning and down to horseshoe bend and then start fishing back to van buren. just wondering about the way tville turns over this time of year. let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

usually the shallower parts turn quicker.it was a lot darker there than the lower end.usually the bubbles and the oily look on top mean a soon turn i didnt see that,my pond is about 8ft and it turned over this past weekend.this next cool spell will likely get it in full swing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was out sunday. Fished the upper end in Jacks creek. Shad were balled up by the millions. Caught a few short bass and one about 3.5lb. Fish were deep and way off the banks. We were throwing spinners and rattletraps. I don't think the bass are very active yet as it appears to be starting turnover. The cold spell this week should turn it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to keep this thread going. My brother fished Tville on Friday during the rain. He and a buddy managed 6 bass, caught still mostly out on the main lake on crankbait. I suspect the bass to become more aggressive over the next week or so and hope to make it there several times in the next couple of weeks. The previous posts from cman and whiskers and others have been informative. Who fished it this weekend? Can you give a report? Thanks in advance.