Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SAUGER AT MCALPINE

The sauger are running at the lower spillway ,hydro area ,taking white grubs .Anglers are getting limits very quickly .The early bite has been the best

Make sure you stop at Chucks Bait house on Stansifer Ave in old Clarksville In....it is located 1 mile from I-65 his cell no is (502)533-1733 He has all the hot color grubs and lively minnows at great .

Get some sauger & walleye before they change the water level

Post Thanks / Like

RE: SAUGER AT MCALPINE

Thanks for the tip, hope this rain doesn't change that.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

are they safe to eat ???..

Post Thanks / Like

the eating bann was changed be few years back what it amounts to is if this is your sole diet it could cause cancer but no quicker than sodas but to eat less than once a week is completely safe. the ban is still on for some of the other species though

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-05 AT 08:34AM (EST)[/font][p]I fish there every other week. What size jig heads are you using? I've been using 1/16th with various grub sizes and colors. Got a few sauger last week right at the spillway of the lower dam. We're also using a double jig set up and cathcing small white bass two at a time. Lots of fun on an ultra-light outfit!!
    Holler if you see a fisherman with a white beard in an 18 foot Stratos/ blue over white

Post Thanks / Like

1/4 oz or whatever is needed to relate to the bottom ...try the Mud bank down from the hydro

I am headed out right now to try 'em

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-05 AT 12:20PM (EST)[/font][p]What ramp are you using to get to the lower gates. I fished in that area several years ago and we always put in there in New Albany almost under the bridge. I have been seeing in some of the post lately there is a ramp somewhere in Jeffersonville and wondered if it was better. And if so how do you get to it?

Post Thanks / Like

sauger are the species with the least contaminents ....and you know how they test them ????THey grind the whole fish up guts and all ....that is what Mr Spainhour the game warden advised me he said as long as you dont eat any belly meat you should be fine

Post Thanks / Like

doug {onemorecast56}and i went down there last weekend and sure enough caught a limit.gonna fry mine up tonight.was kind of weary about eating river fish,but i hear the saugers kinda tasty so im going for it.john

onemorecast56 Guest

I`ve been down there 2 times since fisheater and i went and had a ball,,,,had a guy that paylaked me..... please people be nice. If a guy is sitting in a place don`t just move in front of them and cut them off....i don`t mind shareing my hole,,,,just don`t cut me off. I`ve been known to get alittle mad about that!...might find a jig upside the head

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for saying that

AMEN about coming in .....we will be striper fishing on the island by the spillway ....and the boats will see us catch one and run their freakin boats right in the water we were casting in ......UNREAL
    What the idiots don't know when you run your boat over them with the gas motor it spooks them out and nobody catches them

I went for 2 hours this morning I only got 2 small sauger but my buddy got a bunch of whites about 5 sauger but only 3 were keepers ..also got a 2.5 smallie

Where were you fishing when you got your limit ? By the spillway or over by the hydro ?

I was gonna try down by the hydro there is a mud bank about 200yards from the hydro ....we used to kill sauger there but I never tried today I stayed right to the left of the spillway

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-05 AT 04:58PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-05 AT 04:38*PM (EST)[/font]

how long does the sauger run last ???