Search Fishin.com

Thread: OLN....

Post Thanks / Like

OLN....

Well folks, OLN, the Outdoor Life Network, is no longer available on the Dishnetwork.

According to the release on the channel from Dish, it says OLN is owned and operated by Comcast, the nation's largest cable TV company. They say Comcast is making "unreasonable" demands that would require Dishnetwork to substantially raise bills beyond what they consider fair.

Personally, I think they should let the subscribers decide what is fair, but I suppose it is part of a package deal in the purchasing.

Oh well, OLN has been showing hockey games lately anyway, and I hate hockey, so right now I see it as no loss to me. Roland Martin might be upset about losing household penetration... marketing term, get your minds out of the gutter... LOL

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: OLN....

And just how is hockey considered an "outdoor" sport? And then there is the Survivor series............geeezzzzzz.......give me a break. I rarely watch that network for those reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: OLN....

Not to mention Bicycle racing. gave up on that channel long ago. Although Bike racing should be considered an outdoor sport, it was the Biking network for a long time there.