Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

tournament trails

I'm still trying to decide where I'm going to fish next year. There's a local club I'm very interested in but there are also some trails. As I'm new to all this I could use some help. As far as trails that I know of in my area (I'm from Bowling Green), I have found Midwest Sportsman, ABC, and BFL. Does anyone know where (hopefully an online website) I can find information about Renegade and/or Southern Kentucky Marine? Are there other trails that fish primarily Barren, Nolin, Rough, KY, or Barkley? Can anyone offer an opinion on which they would or would not recommend? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and also I found the ABA but it looks like they've already started their new season this last Sunday. Would hate to join now having totally missed a tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: tournament trails

Renegade website is www.renegadebasstournaments.net

I would also like to find a good club or trail to join. I don't want to join Renegade, ABA, Midwest because I don't have the time to prefish and I would just be throwing my money away. A majority of these guys that win those tourneys have the time to prefish. All I get is Sat. and Sunday. If I could find a way to retire at 27 I would. So a club would fit my needs a little better. If you fish renegade I hope you can find a way to catch 15 lbs or better every tournament to have a chance to win.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the ABC and the BFL. If you are new to tournament fishing I would recommend fishing the ABC. It offers a great chance to fish 3 tournaments and be qualified for their regional championship in which they give away a new boat. The BFL is also a good choice but I would recommend fishing at least 1 year in a club before joining the BFL. I have fished the ABC for many years and for the amount of tournaments you have to fish to qualify for the national tournament I think its a pretty good deal. Not to mention the national tournament will be at ky lake next year and you wont have to travel far. The BFL is an expensive trail to fish simply because of the entry fees and traveling expenses. I just dropped 500 dollars in 4 days at the BFL regional at Kerr resevior lol. I fish as a boater wich is 200 per tournament and 300 for the supertournaments. But, its up to you so good luck in whatever you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Rainmated, if you have any more questions about these two trails call me at 859-661-0325 or email me at jig_man_2000@yahoo.com. Drew Sadler.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Grayson Co. bass club it has a new format. Call 270-287-9024.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the ABA (www.americanbassanglers.com. Dic. 33 fish all thoughs lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I will just give you the short of the American Bass Anglers.
    There are over 1000 tournaments in 40 states. Your $25.00 membership allows you to fish any of these tournaments. National points are your 4 best one day and 1 best two day tournament. There are 3 districts in Kentucky, district 87 has a tournament this saturday at Taylorsville, Van Buren ramp. For more information you can call me.
    George Salov
    859-333-8005

Post Thanks / Like

Drew, in reading the ABC website they claim you must fish 4 one days, did I miss something?
    George

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. All this information is very helpful. Guess I'll have to make up my mind soon. Looks like missing that tourney may not be so detrimental after all.
    I really like the idea of a circuit but I may join a local club, the guys I've met on here from it have been helpful and easy-going. Or I may join both.......Decisions, decisions, decisions...........

Post Thanks / Like

Fishers of men would be another to look into.

Post Thanks / Like

Most clubs I've belong to the members prefish the tournaments. If you plan on fishing T's without doing your homework ahead of time then your just going to give your money away to the guys that do prefish or know the lake from prior years. Going without prefishing is the equivalent of rolling the dice and waiting for your number to come up.

Besides, that is how you learn. You go to the lake a few times, narrow your focus down to a few areas with map study, info gathering, etc. Then go out there and figure out the pattern. There are no shortcuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Who ever said there were shortcuts??? I'm just saying I don't have time to prefish 2 or 3 times a week. That's why I want to join something small. I don't want to pay the large entry fees and not have time to devote for prefishing.