Search Fishin.com

Thread: Suffix Line

Post Thanks / Like

Suffix Line

I am thinking of trying a spool of Suffix line .I was wondering if any of you have tried it and what your opinions are .I heard some good things about it but the opinions of fishermen/women who have used it are the gold standard (next to trying it for myself).Thanks in advance for any comments .

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Suffix Line

Im not sure who makes it, Im sure its the same people who make berkley or some other big brand but I love it, I think the thing about it right now is you know you are getting a fresh roll because they are just getting big. Sometimes when you buy a roll of XT or stren you dont know how long it has been on the shelf. I have went through ten rolls of it and not a bad roll yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a p-line diehard but this suffix comes off so much smoother with no memory and it is really really tough I now have it on all my cranking and rig rods

Post Thanks / Like

The shelf time on Berkley line. All spools of Berkley have a date on them when they were made. If u look on the spool itself down under the bar code u will see a letter a dash a number a dash a number a dash a number that is the date such as: F-03-5-21. F = the month (F being June) 03 is the day and 5 is the year 21 is the machine it was made on. So F-03-5-21 was made June 03 2005. I hope this helps anyone buying line. I bought a bad spool at a store(which I am not going to mention), I called Berkley and that was the first thing i was asked for was that set of numbers and was told what they represent. Just so happened that spool of line was 2 years old. I sent a piece of line and the label from the spool with receipt to Berkley and they sent me a new spool of line. Luckily it was a practice day and not tourney day when i used it.

Dennis