Search Fishin.com

Thread: Boat Ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Ramp

I know Cedar Creek has been drawn down for the beach. Plenty of discussion already on that topic. Are the ramps still usable? I put in at mid-lake and didn't know if the 5ft. drawdown has made the lake inaccessible with a boat?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Boat Ramp

n/m

Post Thanks / Like

I went back on Oct. 13th and the main ramp by the **** was accessible. I was able to put in, but their is no courtsey dock, it is not even in the water.

We caught several fish, all short though. Not much success...I am really not that impressed by the lake yet. It probably is too early to judge it. What does everyone else think? How successful is everyone else on this lake?

Post Thanks / Like

mustang,

i did real well on that lake up to last year. this year has not been good at all. HOWEVER, i did get a 5lb12oz. momma back in March during the prespawn.

i remember one trip besides the 5lber. where the water had risen a lot and I caught them all day up in the bushes.

the places i caught them in the first two years of the lake are not holding the fish anymore. a lot of the moss grew up and around those areas.

i don't know where the fish are anymore. if anyone would care to chime in, i'd sure like to hear what parts of the lake are holding the bass (i.e. railroad tracks, up to the bridge?, around the dam? roadbed?) i've tried finding that rock reef near the railroad tracks on many occasions, but just can't get it. is that a real distinguishable set of structure like a big mound of rocks the size of a couple of cars or are the rocks just scattered out around on the bottom of the lake?

question for you: when you put it at the dam, i guess the boat ramp went pretty far down in the water for you to launch? that's what i'm looking for. this cooler weather has to have the bass woken up somewhat.

talk to me...

Post Thanks / Like

I had no problem launching/loading from the ramp. It is just really kind of incovience of pulling the boat up on the ramp or the rocks.

When we caught fish I caught them on the right side of the lake back toward the stake beds on the point. Fish were holding on structure close banks. I was really successful if I could get on the bank with structure and the wind was blowing in. Any other areas I did not have success. I was using a jig, which I mostly fish with. What are some techniques and things you look for at Cedar Creek to be successful?

Post Thanks / Like

>I had no problem launching/loading from
    >the ramp. It is
    >just really kind of incovience
    >of pulling the boat up
    >on the ramp or the
    >rocks.
    >
    >When we caught fish I caught
    >them on the right side
    >of the lake back toward
    >the stake beds on the
    >point. Fish were holding
    >on structure close banks.
    >I was really successful if
    >I could get on the
    >bank with structure and the
    >wind was blowing in.
    >Any other areas I did
    >not have success. I
    >was using a jig, which
    >I mostly fish with.
    >What are some techniques and
    >things you look for at
    >Cedar Creek to be successful?
    >

when you say, right side of the lake, which direction is that N,S,E,W?

When I fish CC, I like to throw a jig anywhere near the trees, but i focus on the major structure like the railroad tracks or a bend in one of the creek. Sometimes I'll fish that one long creek that is on the left side of the lake as you head toward the dam. don't know which directions without a map. there i'll pitch that jig on anything along the bank in 1-6 ft. water.

Crankbait has also been good. I'll run up towards the bridge and fish the creek channel that shows up on the lake map that has trees on both sides of the channel. This works well when the moss is not bad. Anywhere a little pocket is formed by the trees, a bass will sit there and wait for a cbait to come by. A white fluke is also very good in these locations.

Topwatere bite (if it's on), I love a twitching bait like a Bill Dance Spit n' Image. The bass love the pause.

come on back...