Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ike's rules?

Post Thanks / Like

Ike's rules?

Saw the ad for this dvd, anyone seen it? What did you think? Is it worth the $$$?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ike's rules?

LOL,

When I saw the title, I thought this was about a couple of new rules BASS has for their tournaments that I thought were due to Ike.

The main one is that now pros will have to pay for any major damage to the boats they have to use on the last day, if the damage is greater than what might be deemed normally expected. I assumed, and I know that is dangerous, but I thought it was due to Ike having his boat "beached" in that concrete creek at the classic. You know that had to be tough not only on the fiberglass hull, but that motor was being reved at some high rpms in very shallow water.

Now as for the DVD, if you like Ike, it will likely be worth it to you. I've been thinking seriously about buying the "classic Patterns" DVDs and if todays interview works out to me going back to work, I'll have double pay through Feb, and I will get those. Can't take the money with me, and no matter how much Devils Horse hints about it, I am not sponsoring him!!! LOL

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not all that fond of Icanelli, and would love to buy the whole classic patterns set. Lot of $$$ though, maybe I'll ask for it for christmas. As to the new rules for B.A.S.S. Can't say I'm too fond of them either. Seems they are excluding a lot of talent with the new wrap rules, shirt paterns, and entry fees for the Elite series. I can't imagine paying $100,000 in fees and expenses to fish B.a.s.s. If you don't win one, you are in the red for the year. That seems like a pretty big gamble unless you are Skeet reese or one of the other bass "Employees" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Ike had a book out earlier this year have you checked that out? I'm not a fan of his but i know alot of people are. I have read and enjoyed the Bass Boss book on Ray Scott and the book that Shaw Grigsby put out years ago(forgot the name). I won't get Ike's book since the print is most likely in bold or Caps the whole way through!! Just kidding....to each his own