Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Batteries

I'll be purchasing new batteries for my boat here soon. I'm sort of taking a poll here to see which manufacturer gets the most positive comments...what type of batteries have you guys had the most luck with?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Boat Batteries

I believe Delco was the big winner. You can look back thru some postings the past month or so and should find 2 or 3 that had several responses. I beleve Delco ended up the big winner.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you're right about Delco...I remember seeing the post before so I went through the archives but to be honest there seemed to be a million posts in the archives so I didn't look every oneof them...Thanks for the response!

Post Thanks / Like

Have you investigate the Everstart Maxx at Wally World? Great full replacement warranty and great price to start with. I'm on my first one and very pleased so far.

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-05 AT 10:53PM (EST)[/font][p]If you want to read the previous discussion on boat batteries, click on Archives, then go to section #106 then click on the topic "trolling motor batteries".

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Boat Batteries ( Hey Redneck Shadrap)

Thanks guys for helping navigate me through this site and stuff...

Redneck - In going through the archives here on this site, I see you said you sell AC Delco Batteries??? I'm in Louisville, where abouts are you located? Or maybe you can help me out as to where I can go here near Louisville to get some AC Delco's...I went to the AC Delco site and they said Pep Boys sells these batteries...but when I called the one nearest me they said they didn't sell the marine batteries...Can you help me out?

Post Thanks / Like

Redneck is in Lexington. May try the G.M. dealership near you.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, just tried Bob Montgomery Chevrolet, they don't stock nor do they order Delco Voyagers...I struck out with Pep Boys too...anyone know where I can get some Voyagers?

Post Thanks / Like

Go to this site, select "batteries" and put in your zip, it'll direct you to the nearest dealer.

http://www.acdelco.com/html/loc_retailer.htm

Barry Guest

Auto Electric Sercice Co 4001 Produce Road, ph 502-969-5300 should be able to take care of you... I would call them to make sure that they had the size of battery you are needing.

Post Thanks / Like

They work good till around warranty time then down hill from there. One word, OPTIMA.....nuff said:)

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying the new Optima Type Batteries now. They cost more than the old type batteries but they are reported to last longer and hold a charge much longer when stored away. They have special types for marine applications that are more resistanct to vibration damages. You know how you take a beating when your boat crashes into the big waves on a lake. Those vibrations can damage a batteries lead plates over time. The new designe of the Optima batteries is meant to limit this type of damage.

I use my Optima Trolling motor battery the most. I use it a lot because the lake I fish the most is an electric motor only lake. I am at the end of the second year using this new battery and it seems to be working great. I'll know more after the end of next year. Hopefully it will last for about 5 or 6 years but only time will tell me that.

Most of the older designed (flat plates) lasted me about 3 years at most.

I fish a lot more these days that I did in the past. So I am giving these new Optimas a good workout.

Regards,

Moose1am