Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

green river lake crappie?

Hello out there.Can someone please tell me how to catch some crappie at GRL? I only jig for them in shallow dirty water off the Ohio river and I don't have a clue as to how or where to catch them in deep clear water.will be taking jigs, slip corks, and minnows.Not looking for anyones honey holes just an idea on what and maybe where to start.Kind of short notice,going tomorrow,(Sat.) I think we will put in at lone vally ramp,that's the only one I have been to.I will report on return,good or bad.
    Thanks alot for any and all info. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

RE: green river lake crappie?

Do not know about the crappie but bass bite was not good last night really slow. Main lake is black from turnover.

Post Thanks / Like

i have been doing very well with the crappie on green river lake for the past three weeks i have been in 20 to 30 ft of water with minnows around the ramp one area

Post Thanks / Like

Did not catch a single crappie.Fished hard for 7 hours.Tube jigs with minnows,tube jigs,and just minnows.Fished shallow out to about 30ft.not a crappie.Saw one floating dead so I know that it had a crappie in it before we got there.LOL We did catch about 20
    ky bass so at least that kept us a little busy.Biggest being 12in.One looked like across between a SM and a KY,I couldn't tell for sure what it was.Had bars around it's mouth like a SM.Anyway,nice day to be out.Oh,As soon as we got in the water and started up the bank fishing, had two otters playing and swimming right along with us for about 50 yards. That was pretty neat.I'm going back to my ole shallow dirty water,they can have that deep clear tea.Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

i went out on sunday the 30th and did well ended up with 10 keepers and probly 30 in all it was hard to find them fished all day and about 330 we found a brush pile with a group of fish on it they were slow on the bite most of them would not even move the tip of the pole we just watch the line start moving away and set the hook and the catfish were biting well got 6 of those again we were in 25 to 30 ft of water

Post Thanks / Like

Been catching several shallow where the water has cleaned up / had 72 keepers on saturday 29th and 48 on sunday.