Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Slot for a Specific Lake

Can anyone tell me who or what needs to be done to start the ball rolling for a protective slot to be inforced onto a lake. I know that tournament fishermen hate this and i know that a few lakes with a slot have caused me a tourney or 2, but in the end, the production in quality of fish increases making in the end a much better fishery.

Any information or insight would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Skeeter James

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Slot for a Specific Lake

There's a single word to describe the effort you want to undertake. Quixotic.

Just kidding. Look up your local KDFWR biologist and see where he/she stands on the issue. A claim that a slot is needed will carry more weight with some science behind it. Try to get the local KDFWR folks to ask for it. Find out when/where the next KDFWR meeting is being held and go to it. You can write letters, but that won't really do any good. Having the backing of an organization helps too. The KBF's conservation director is intimately familiar with the workings of the KDFWR, I'll be glad to put you in contact with him if you'd like.

Out of curiosity, what lake are you talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Slot for a Specific Lake

Grayson Lake

I think if we could pull a slot together for that lake, it could turn into a complete lunker lake. The fish are there, but seems like everytime someone pulls a 15inch bass, out it comes. would like to see a slot of 15-18 on the lake. would really improve the lake itself. Really bad when 25-30 boats fish for 4-5 hours and no one boats a keep. they are there, just not in the numbers. Hell read the kentucky lakes map book. The shock in the lake was pitiful!

Just a thought. Would like to talk to someone in the KDFW. Any contacts you can get me i would greatly appriciate.

THanks

Skeeter James