Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Devastation in Indiana

Just got our power back on after last nights Tornado here in Newburgh Indiana. Took my wife and son out earlier for a ride around the city and can only thank the BIG FISHERMAN in the sky for sparing our house and neighborhood. Terrible destruction especially in a trailer community in Southeast Evansville. 350 trailers in this community with 150 completely leveled. We saw the destruction from I-164 and it was horrible from that distance. I heard they found an 8 year old boy alive a few hours ago buried under the rubble but they can't find his 6 year old sister who was in the room next to him. Northeast of our house, a Pregnant woman, her husband and child were all 3 killed when it picked up their mobile home and tossed it 200 yards. Draw a straight line from Ellis Park to the mobile home north of us on a map and you will find the trailer community plus other hard hit areas of the city on this exact path of destruction. My neighborhood is on this exact same path as well. We lucked out. The tornado hit, bounced, hit, bounced and luckily for us it hit the bell community southwest of us, bounced over us, then hit the mobile home that killed the 3 people northeast of us. The power went out around 2am this morning and I never turned on a radio until our family members started calling this morning to check on us. Just moved here back in June and don't have any close friends local but had several people that work in my plant call as well for they new we live in Newburgh. Had been complaning to my wife about the power outage not knowing all the problems others were having less than 2 miles down the road. Puts it all in perspective. Thanks to the BIG FISHERMAN in the sky, I am able to type this and ask for all to keep our community and those that lost loved ones and those that lost all their material things in all of everyone's prayers. I am going to find a place the first thing Monday morning to donate money, food, clothing and whatever else is needed. I challenge others that love to chase the BIGUNS like me to do the same. If you can't help in a monetary or other way then a prayer will do just fine.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

PS...........

I posted this on the KY board for I am born and raised in the Bluegrass State until moving to IN in June of this year. I know several of you guys on this board, all from KY, and know you will do all you can.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Devastation in Indiana

Glad to hear your OK. Such a bad thing to have happen--especially that early in the morning while they slept. Hard to imagine.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know you and your family are ok. You can rest assured we will do what is needed and/or neccessary to help out.

Post Thanks / Like

We live in Munfordville. Just got our power back on. Spent two days running a chain saw and hauling loads to the dump from my and my neighbors places. Lots of homes damaged or destroyed, but no serious injuries. Our hearts go out to the people in Indiana. May God bless and watch over all of you.

Steve and Family

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Munfordville pics

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-05 AT 09:15PM (EST)[/font][p]A local radio station has posted some pics on their web site of some of the damage from Sundays storm. Their address is www.am1150wloc.com . We are still pretty much under lock down with a 9:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. curfew, with local, and state police, and the national guard in place. Telling all the bad guys that this isn't New Orleans.