Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Opinions

For Christmas I'd like one of those rods that let you know how much a fish weighs even if you don't get it to the boat. How many times have you heard someone tell about the 4.5 pounder or the six pounder or whatever that got away? Personaly, I don't think losing a fish is someting to brag about, but I know that things happen. I agree that sticking a fish is half of the battle.

Post Thanks / Like

"It is better to have angled and lost than to have never angled at all." Anonymous

*the word "wrangled" can be substituted for "angled" depending on the size of the fish or the ammount of beer consumed:)

Seriously, I hate to lose a nice fish as much as the next guy, but it is still better to have that moment of adrenaline and a great story than to have a day with 0 bites. jmho.

Nice field-aid with the paper towels and duct tape! I've done similar work with electricians tape and a sock (clean) when a buddy nearly cut off the tip of his finger.

You'll get 'em next time.

Post Thanks / Like

I call that a WHOOPING LOL. But if it dont get held in the hand you didnt catch it. My opinion. How many you guys broke off on a 5 pounder and then down the bank that fish comes up to shake that bait and he is a 2 pounder. I have hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

If you lose a dink at the boat it counts as one caught - you're happy you didn't have to lip it. If it's a fish you would have been proud to land and it got off right at the boat it doesn't count. That is the referee's final decision.