Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Opinions

I went fishing today. I hooked a big bass but unfortunately he got tangled in the brush pile I had caught him in. At first, I thought I just hooked the brush but as I was pulling it towards the boat he surface and I would say he was at least five pounds and maybe more. Anyhow, when I got the bass and the brush next to the boat, he dove down and broke off. That was the only fish I hooked today.

Now for the opinions: If this had happened to you, would you say that you CAUGHT A FIVE POUND FISH? Or, would you say that you GOT SKUNKED? Or, would you just say that it was a GOOD STORY TO TELL ON FISHIN.COM?

Opinions, please!!

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Opinions

The way I view it is if it aint in ya hand it aint a catch. BUT it is just my opinion.

If you hook a fish and he gets off before you see him he was at least 5 pounds!!! LMAO.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH.....LMAO

Every fisherman I know who loses a fish, it is a five pounder!!!

Now see, if you had given me a call, or an email, you would have a witness to the fact you CAUGHT a five pounder...LOL

Seriously, I too agree with the other guy, if it is lost at the boat, it is not caught. Even though you were going to release it, if you don't get it in the boat, it isn't caught.

I hate that for you Grumpy, but that's what you get for fishing alone. *smile*

The good thing... you do have the memory of the fight and sight.

Congrats on that.

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Just another LDR, Long Distance Release or maybe a SDR, Short Distance Release in this case. Sounds very similar to the time I caught a 300 pounder this past spring. Flipped into the buck brush at KY Lake, Tick, Swim, Laid the Hammer, Watched brush bend and wobble but no fish coming out. Pulled up the trolling motor as buddy paddled us in after her. Thought is was at least the new state record and probably pushing the world record. Buried my arm up to my shoulder in the brush and water to find her. Put my thumb in her lip and she did not like that one bit so she shook and buried the hook into my thumb. Fish gets off and I am hooked and wrapped around the brush. Buddy cuts off the brush to get my arm, hook, line and brush in the boat. Bleeding like mad, had to push the hook thru the other side to cut off the barb. Buddy just about faints. Wrap it up with a paper towel and duct tape for a bandaid was not going to help at all. Backed out the boat, dropped the trolling motor and continued the search for the BIGUNS. I am a left handed lipper while I remove the hook with my right hand. Felt weird the rest of the day lipping with my right hand. But any day on the water with open wounds contracting gang-green still beats a day at work.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Comanche, just for the record, I DID SEE HIM several times.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah dude you took me all wrong!! I wasn't saying that about you at all. I was saying that when I am fishing and I lose on and I don't see it I claim it was a 5 pounder. Nothing towards you at all. It is usually a big joke around my friends that we may not have caught anything but we did break off that 5 pounder!!

Sorry I offended you

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Comanche, no offence taken, I just wanted to set the record straight. Thanks for the opinion, still looking for more.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy answer here...if you were in the boat with your best fishing buddy and you had a bet going on first fish, big fish, most fish would your buddy let you count it? There's your answer. Now if you were a guide like me you could count it...I count every fish we hook....lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I can answer that, his fishing buddy WOULD NOT have not counted it as an ice cream fish.....gotta get in the boat. And if I know
    Grumpy when he tells his fishing buddy the fish will gain 4 pounds..LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Dave

You know with our crew we always have that bet and you KNOW I aint parting with a dollar if its not in the boat. Dont think you can count it Grumpy, however, I have to commend you. I would have said it was a six pounder....LOL. Doesnt matter anyway. If you are not in a tourney then you had your fun.

Buck

Post Thanks / Like

Elnut - Great story!

Post Thanks / Like

"I count every fish we hook....lol."

Dave,

In some aspect we do also. Since we aren't tournament fishing it really doesn't matter. You may actually hook some biggins and not land them then go to a spot and land 100 small ones...

Gee, wonder which place a fellow heads out to first when he goes back out again....LOL@
    Billy

Redneckshadrap
    www.thecreekbank.com
    KyStreamMan@aol.com