Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

how is the bite at cumberland

Just wondering how is anyone is during with large and smallmouth??? Any info would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: how is the bite at cumberland

SORRY NO FISH STORIES HERE!!!!!
    I was down on Cumberland all day from sunrise to sunset both mon and tues. All I can say is I hope someone was catching fish. I fished out of Clifty Creek to Harmon Creek the first day and from Clifty to Slate Branch up Otter Creek the second. I fished main lake points, secondary pockets, steep drop off banks, mouths of creeks, secondary pockets in creeks, chunk rock, boulders, sloping points and all the way to timber in the backs of coves. I threw spinner baits, jigs, worms, cranks and my favorite the Silver Buddie.I managed about a dozen dink spots and a dozen smallies under 12. I caught 1 LM about 14" and 1 smallie about 14". Everywhere I went the water temp was 60 - 61 degrees. One thing I can say though is you couldn't have asked for better weather to explore Gods Country. Beauty was everywhere. I saw parts of the lake I never seen before, I covered more water than I had ever dared. By myself, not a care in the world and all the beauty I could gaze upon. I woke up yesterday morning at home and had to wonder if it was a dream. Anyway, if by chance the two fellows in the boat striper fishing up in Otter Creek that gave me directions to get back out to the main Lake on tues read this thanks again. ( My map blew out of the boat and believe me when I say, those plastic coated hot spot maps will sink. Well there you have it, my fishing reports for the first part of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Smalley - You had a great day it sounds like to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely wonderful 2 days Chubminnow. Can't wait to do it again. Only this time I will hope for a couple bigger fish. LOL