Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fishfinders?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishfinders?

Does anyone have experience or an opinion on Lowrance 67C or Eagle 320C fishfinders?

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishfinders?

I don't have the Eagle 320 but do have 2 Eagle 480's in my boat and love them.

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the eagle and it got roughed up and didnt work very well after about the 3rd season, I wont buy anymore eagles. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I should have included this in my original post. I've been told that Eagle and Lowrance electronics are the same with the only difference being Eagle is sold at discount outlets. Has anyone else heard this?

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance electronics have more power per unit then Eagle stuff. I've always had Eagle stuff just to save a little money but after seeing the Lowrance product in boats of my fishing guides, I will buy the lowrance from here on out.

A year ago, we added a high power hummingbird to the front of the boat. I'm not totally pleased with it but it provides the angler with more true information than any eagle has shown me. I've become a believer in power and with the right display the amount of info it can show.

My next unit will be the 2006 version of the LMS332 which for 2006 I understand will have 4000 watts of power in addition to the nice color display.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had Humminbirds (long ago, don't remember model) and absolutely hated them. I had an Eagle of some sort on my last boat and loved it to death. I just bought a new boat last month with a Lowrance LMS-480 at the console and a Lowrance X87 on the bow, and I love both of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Both excellent units. But beware if your buying from a "BIG BOX" like mentioned on this board and others. A lot of the big box stores sell remanufactured units that were sent back for warranty repair. Double check the fine print and good luck.

Matt Plapp