Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville boat ramps

I'm taking up fishing again after a long time off. I've got me a 16 ft Tracker and have been scouting out the area boat ramps so i'll be familiar with them. I will be launching and loading the boat by myself and dont want to take anymore time than is necessary. My question is i only saw one ramp that had a dock on the ramp, two ramps had docks away from the ramp and one had no dock at all. Did they just take away the docks for the winter? I wouldn't think i should leave the boat on the ramp while im parking and getting the trailer. cant pull boat on bank with rocks. what do you solo boaters do?

jh1928 Guest

RE: Taylorsville boat ramps

I like Possum Ridge. I use a long rope and hook the end to the front of the trailer. Back the boat in, grab the rope and walk it to the dock. Tie it up, park the vehicle and you are in business.

John

Post Thanks / Like

I tie a rope around my trolling motor. Back boat down so that I can push it off by hand. push boat off into water, letting slack out of rope. walk to side of boat ramp and slowly pull boat out of the way. tie your rope (probably 20 ft. long rope by the way) on a heavy rock or two. then move your trailer. pull your boat to you by hand. hop in and you're ready to go. reverse process for taking out.

i see some guys back their boat on in the water with the rope attached, but i would be afraid something would go wrong. If you back down far enough and stand on the tongue of the trailer, the boat will float right off by pushing with your hands.

hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Every ramp has a dock except for Chowning. I wouldn't put in there anyway. It gets alot of vandalism. I would stick with Settlers or Possum. Just back in and Tie the boat to the dock. Then go park your truck.

Post Thanks / Like

What ramp are you putting in? Settlers Trace and Possum Ridge have docks. I don't think Van Buren or Chhowning Lne do (sorry about the spelling).

Post Thanks / Like

I can assure you that Van Buren and Chowning Ln have docks. I fish there 1st a week at least. Unless they were removed in the last month I know they both had docks cause I picked up a buddy at Van Buren and we stopped at Chowning Ln. to talk to a friend of ours there that had his boat tied up to it. That was 4 or 5 weeks ago.