Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland report

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-05 AT 01:22AM (EST)[/font][p] Went down to C-land this past week. Got there Wed. and limited out on trout in river in about 20 min. Fished main lake Wed. night around dam, caught a few Ky's, that was it before getting cold. Put back in at Halcomb's Thurs. around noon. Wind got horrible but fishing got better. Caught six smallies and a couple spots. The smallmouth were betwwen 14 and 17 inches and even accidentally caught a 6 lb. walleye. Waves were about 3 - 4 ft. high at one time. Never have seen C-land that rough before. Didn't see another boat the whole trip so be careful if you go. There's no one there to help if something goes wrong. Oh yeah, the water temp. was 54.2 - 54.8 where I was. Hey K.R., the smallies are biting good, so, if you're not going to use those new chronarchs you got, I'll give ya $25 a piece for them.{You can't use 'em anyway.} They don't work in the closet. Let's GO!!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cumberland report

Fished Beaver & Otter creeks this weekend. Water temps were 51-53 degrees. Went with the intent to catch stripers. Bait was heavy 2/3 up the creeks, and marked fish in the pods. But never got even a sniff of a bite on live lines. Did catch a nice smallmouth (5 lbs). Gave up on the stripers and bass fished Sunday morning, and caught two nice KY's fishing flats that ran off of the backside of points. Fished jigs tipped with minnows. The bass hit basically on the second or third drop, about 8-10 feet deep. Looks like a severe cold snap is coming this week. Temps should fall more. Water is very low. Shad were easy to get at the marina under lights. Best time was around 10pm to catch bait. Wish I had more to report, but that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Cumberland report

AHHH go on without me I'll keep the home fire burnin' for ya! Love when you go on fishing trips!!!! ha ha ha!! Thinking about Dale Saturday....call me!