Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to buy Billy Westmorelands book...

I've got a copy of it that I might let go for the right price, I paid $50.00 for it. It's not signed, it is paperback, and out of 10 I give it a 7 as far as quality of the pages and overall condition.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a signed copy, hard cover, first edition, with dust cover. I might sell it for the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

I did a quick Amazon search and they go from 50 to 150 each. I dont have one and wont pay 50 bucks but I would enjoy the read, might find it on the computer for a free download. He was my favorite when I was young!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a signed copy of Them O Brown Fish and the book Tournaments Good and Bad. I also have the BPS Boron spinning rod, and buzzbailts that he gave me while eating breakfast at a resturant in Celina TN. I guess you could say that I was a fan of Billy Westmorland, and why not, he was one of the nicest guys that I had ever met.

Rangerjohn

Post Thanks / Like

I never would have thought it was a $50.00 book. I got it at a yard sale for $10.00 and it was in a box with the first ten years of the old "ProBassin Magazine" which was re-named "Bassin Magazine".

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one and read it twice. It's awesome and I could never let it go. I told the wife about it in case I die. Told her she shouldn't throw it away or sell it for 10 cents. Several years ago, I went through the entire book and retyped every passage that referenced water temp, clarity, time of year, structure. Basically, I removed the good stories and now it reads like a "fact sheet". It ended up being like 5 full pages. Then, I compared those notes against his personalized, published map of Dale. Used together, you can eliminate about 90% of the water and really pinpoint when and where you should go.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of Billy. I went to a lot of his seminars at different locals through the years and really learned how to fish deep from him. I have also read his book. The most interesting things to me (as a lure collector) are the lures he used. I have a bunch of the lures he used and even bought some of his tackle after his passing at the lure show in the Paintsville high school. I thought about a display with all of his lures he used and his book.,all I need is a large photo and I just might do that at on of the lure shows in Ky or Tenn.

How many dressed hook Pedigo spinrites do you have? he he he