Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

G Loomis or St. Croix

I will be buying a new rod soon and can't decide between the G Loomis IMX 6'6" MH rod or the St. Croix Legend Tournament Bass rod in 6'6" MH. Both are close to the same price. Which do you guys prefer? Is there anyone on here that has experience with the St. Croix Legend Tournament rods?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: G Loomis or St. Croix

Both companies make great product in my opinion. I own a IMX in 6'6M, GLX 803 Jig n'worm and a Legend Elite in a Spinning Rod. I tend to like the Loomis product slightly better if for no other reason than resale and warranty. If I were buying a St Croix, think I'd save a bit of money and buy the Avid series. I used to have a 7MH in an Avid and it was a very nice rod at a great price. Sorry I can't give a direct comparison on the Tournament series other to say that the ones I have held don't feel as well balanced to me as the Avid Series.

Post Thanks / Like

I am partial to Loomis. If you are looking for a good deal, I have a couple of used BCR 803's GLX for sale. I am asking $260 for each shipped. I also have several other rods.

Post Thanks / Like

ive got a 6'6" MH imx ill get rid of if your intersted used twice since i had it. haven't got alot of time 2 fish. post or email me if intersted c.collinsjr@insightbb.com

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at Kistler rods, Helium series??? Nicest rod I've ever owned. Check em' out at Kistlerrods.com

Post Thanks / Like

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-05 AT 01:59PM (EST)[/font][p] I have to agree with davidsa. I've got a St Croix 7 footer (Avid Series) with medium action. I put a Shimano Chronarch 50Mg on it and I couldn't be happier. You might also want to take a look at H&H rods. I bought one of their 7 1/2 footers earlier this year. I think they are every bit as good as either St Croix or Loomis.

Post Thanks / Like

G Loomis is the way to go. Especially if your comparing it to St. Croix, they do make a good rod just not compared to loomis. Have you held both rods in your hands and compared the balance and weight of the rods? Try that it will help your decision, of course loomis will win that one lol. Just buy the one that feels better to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the Castaway line up. They are an awesome rod. If you have questions about any of their rods just ask.

Good fishin
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a G Loomis IMX 6'6" MH and a new Quantum Tour Edition reel from Bass Pro Shops the other night. Thanks for the input guys.