I have a question for those who fish alot of bass tournaments. Do any of you record the money spent while tournament fishing (gas, oil, food, maintenance, lodging, fees, license, etc.) and use it as a type of tax write off? I would call fishing tournaments a small business in itself because you are trying to make an income, but are you suppose to incorporate yourself? I know of a guy who does this, but never really questioned on how he goes about filing his deductions when it comes to fishing expenses. I am guessing if fishing is not your main source of income it is considered a "passive income" such as real estate and passive expenses should not surpass passive income. And with writing off your acutal boat, can you take a "client", discuss some sort of "business" and say that is an entertainment expense for your company? I zm not the greatest when it comes to the tax stuff, but I am sure there is some way fisherman can get a little back with all the money we put into it, even if we are just weekend tournament anglers. Just curious as to what you all know about this and any loopholes....

Eric Hickman Jr.