Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

bass boat withdrawls

man i hope i'm not the only one who has ever done this before. i just sold my boat yesterday which is a good thing, sort of. now i can finally get the boat that i've always wanted, BUT I DON"T HAVE A FREAKIN BOAT OUT THERE NOW. i am completely freaking out over this fact lol. i spent a lot of years in sales and they would teach us how to handle "buyer's remorse", but how the heck do you deal with seller's remorse. just feeling kind of weird over the whole deal and wanted to see if i'm the only one who is this neurotic lol. it hasnt even been 24 hours and i'm going nuts lol

Post Thanks / Like

RE: bass boat withdrawls

Take valium, lots of it. They are still making them. I'm not a doctor but stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling...sold mine a few weeks ago! It was a happy day, but sad at the same time. Felt like I lost my best friend...she gave me seven years of great fishing! It helps a little to sit and stare at the Ranger Boats website and watch their videos over and over and over....

It's fun to look at boats for sale, think of ways to make more money, research all the motor options and on and on. Overhauling your fishing tackle helps too, only you rack up some bills in the process!

Post Thanks / Like

You know what might be worse than that? I have a perfectly fine beautiful boat in my driveway that I walk past every day on my way to and from work. I've been busting my a$$ lately and can't find time to use it. But then again at least it's there for me to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

well if you can't use it you should think about it selling to some poor neurotic putz who doesnt have one lol

Post Thanks / Like

The worse thing about selling a boat is trying to hang on to the money for your next one! For some reason, money always burns a hole in my pocket! I was at the Gander Mountain store today...big mistake! I looked at bows, treestands, and all kinds of stuff I "need" now that I've got money just laying around!

Shoot, I even splurged on concert tickets this weekend...saw Mr. Hank Williams, Jr.!!! AWESOME CONCERT!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, i remember when i sold my 19ft Skeeter because it was tough especially when the weekends rolled around. I have purchased a Jon boat since then which is nice but small. Maybe one day i'll jump back into a larger boat but at least i can hit the water now when i want and it's cheaper to run!! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

nice one ployboy!

Post Thanks / Like

What are you looking for?

Post Thanks / Like

zx150 i'm looking for bigger nicer newer. I want at least an 19ft boat with a 150 minimum, preferably a 175 or bigger. looking for something around a 95. let me know if you have one for sale or know someone who does. i want to stay around $9500 mark.

Post Thanks / Like

You suffer from a well know disease called Post Sale Cognitive Dissonance Syndrome. My wife has has the reverse of your affliction, Post Purchase Cognitive Dissonance Syndrome. She goes shopping, buys a bunch of stuff, bring's it home and realizes she doesn't like/need any of it, then takes it all back.

Therapy for your condition is waiting for the right deal (winter?) and turning your $9500 into a twenty footer with a 200.

As payment for your session on the cybercouch please send Dr. Devils Horse a properly marked map of your favorite bass hole, 3 dozen wild shiners, and a 12 pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Dude,

I know exactly what you are going through. While my trailer was waiting to be repaired, I was going crazy, and then when I had to sell my previous boat due to an illness in the family... WOW... I feel for you.

One thing, beg, borrow, and steal any trip you can with any of your friends. Heck, I called my friends and asked to be taken fishing!!! It helps.

If you ever want to go fishing, contact me. I'll certainly share my boat with you. Maybe you can teach me to be a better fisherman. LOL

You can contact me by using the email system here, or just emailing me at curioustr21@yahoo.com. That is the email address I have listed on here.

If I can go, man we will be on the road!!!

Good luck, and remember, sooner or later, you will be back on the water... and in a better boat to boot.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny