Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

MOONSHINE TRAILER SPRINGS HELP

Need some specific info. Moonshine is out of business, can't get it there. I have a 20 pontoon trailer, Model P2-A20 S.A., built around 1994. Its says it gross is 2950 lbs, and its load cap is 2000lbs.

I need new springs. I want to know what the specs were for the springs now on it, i.e. the lenght (25 and 1/4 or 26?) and need know what load rating they were (1250 lbs, 1750 lbs, etc).

Does anybody out there have a parts manul that can tell me conclusively what the OEM springs were? Maybe their part number, or even better, what the detailed specs were, just need eye to eye unloaded measurement, and weight cap or the spring (rated).

Has anybody else changed springs on the same or very simliar Moonshine trailer that carries a 20 foot pontoon, can you tell me the specs of the springs you used to replace.

Scared to death I'm gonna get something wrong, want to get it right, and need to do both sides same day, knowing I got the right stuff(parts) before I crack into it. any help will be appreciated.

But please guys, no guesses here. I'm not smart about this stuff, and won't be able to tell fact from guesstimates. Again, I'm real safety oriented, and just don't want to be the guy who has a repaired trailer break and hurt somebody else.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: MOONSHINE TRAILER SPRINGS HELP

I used to deliver there I think they used the springs from a company in Cookville Tn.I cant remember the name but It's lucky somthimg? I'll try to find somthing Wednsday.
    Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

Bob you may want to spray down all the nuts and bolts involved with some liqud wrench etc. and let it soak.
    Those bolts in the spring eyes can be a bear.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricanebob: This is in my area, but they have moved and are not in Cookeville no more. They are on the webb at www.luckyb.com or here is there address. Hopes this helps you out...283 in Tn.

Lucky B Headquarters
    7100 Roberts-Mathews Hwy
    Sparta, TN 38583
    Ph: (931) 739-4055
    Toll Free: (800) 476-8923
    Fax: (931) 739-4062
    Send us your inquiries

HURRICANEBOB Guest

PRO V:
    They be drenched in the stuff! Thanks for the tip. Did a test run to remove one. Threads on last part of one bolt were mashed, and get this, most have been at the factory, cause somebody cross threaded the nut on, then.....ready?.....tack welded the nut to the bolt. There was paint on the nult, bolt an the tack weld that all matched. Checked the others, threads okay, no tack welds. They came off somewhat easier. Gee, wonder why these guys are no longer in business?

Rowdy, thanks sir, working it.

Stratos-You da man! On it!.

All-I do appreciate the help guys.