Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mann's Jelly Worms

Got into a discussion over the weekend about the old Mann's Jelly worms. Do they still make them and if so is anyone using them still and if so where ya gettin-em. I was just sitting here getting nostalgic!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Mann's Jelly Worms

To my knowledge you cant get them anymore. I would like to find some as well. My grandaddy had some that he gave my dad and I, they still had the jelly on them. I haven't had a chance to try them though.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some at ####'s two weeks ago. Still slippery in the bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's try again. I bought some at a place that sounds a lot like "DIX" Sporting Goods two weeks ago. I'm glad my name isn't Richard.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought some 11 inch Jelly Worms the other night at Backwaters in Somerset!

Post Thanks / Like

I still use em all the time. I stock piled a bunch several years ago. Both the regular tail and the auger tail. I ordered my directly from Manns

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at Mann's online catalouge and found the "Famous Jelly Worm" I'm gonna order some just for old times sake! Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this what you're after?

http://www.landbigfish.com/tacklesto...e.cfm?PID=2752

Order them at www.landbigfish.com...

Man, that takes me back to about 1981. The grape, scuppernong, motor oil and blackberry colors were my favorites. I learned to bass fish using these baits in Norhtern California. I think I would texas rig them with a Tru Turn hook. The Mann's Auger Tail Wrom is a good one as well. Why are we always looking for the next great bait? I need to start fishing these worms again.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was looking for, and at a great price, 100 for 11 bucks! I agree with you whole-heartedly about using the good old plastic worms. I also learned to bass fish with these worms, and I'll bet they work every bit as good today as they did back in the 80's. I would be more than happy to throw one all day just for the memories of the good old days,fishing with my departed uncle, I'm sure it would all come flooding back!

Post Thanks / Like

If I close my eyes and think about it, I can still smell that Mann's jelly worm smell. It's one of a kind!

Hey, have you tried the Mann's hardnose products yet? The worm has caught a bunch of fish for me. I've not yet tried the fluke bait they make but it looks and feels awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a piece of trivia the Manns soft plastics were made by Tom Mann's brother Don; who owned Southern Plastics. They made some great baits and your right about the smell. Southern Plastic made a lot of private label baits. I think they private label the FLW worm sold at Wal-Mart. Some of them still have the smell of the jelly worm.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried out a pack of Mann's hardnose craws at Nolin the other night. The smell and feel of them are what reminded me a bit of the old jelly worm and got me started on the whole trip down memory lane. I like the hardnose baits, they aren't bad. Sure enough the bait stays up on the hook really well but the rest of it is really soft, I noticed that after catching one fish, the bait was pretty much ruined, I do like a really soft plastic though, so I'm not dissapointed, I think the fish will hold it a bit longer if it is a softer texture. I only caught a couple with it then switched to a small jig that I make myself, black and blue with a small pecka chunk with a rattle. Ended up being a pretty good night.