Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dog Days Barren River

I Started Bass fishing Barren River Lake at the first of August and have thrown my arm off with no luck. Is it me or have the bass shut down? I have decided to hang it up until water temps. cool down.;( x(

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Dog Days Barren River

Your story sounds just like mine. I can't even buy a fish at Barren. For some reason I can't seem to catch even a little one. However, there are a lot of good anglers on here you consistently catch nice fish - I'm just not one of them. They tend to be deep, and I when it comes to fishing deep or off shore structure I am LOST.

Hope it picks up for you. I too have decided to hang it up at Barren for a while or at least til the pleasure boats and jet skis are gone.

Blessed Fishin
    jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to catch some bass right now downsize your line and bait. You will catch some bass. Not necessarily big ones, but some keepers mixed in with short ones and the occassional good un. Work bluffs and sharp breaks SLOWLY with 10lb line and a Texas rigged 7" worm all the way down to 22 ft. If that doesn't work go to a 4" tube jig. If THAT doesn't work, put it on the trailer, go home and cut the grass like you should have been doing instead of fishing in the first place.

Hey Jeremy, what's with T.O.? Is he ever gonna practice/play for the 'pies?

Post Thanks / Like

Devils Horse, You must be a church deacon because you are giving me such a hard time :)

We should work up some kind of wager (it can't technically be a bet since I am baptist and we don't bet or drink (in front of other baptist anyway:D ) We'll put your team against the boys. If my Boys advance farther you owe me a spring fishing trip and show me there really are fish in Barren River Lake (I'll even bring a Dallas hat for you to wear). If your team goes farther then it can be up to you because you don't really don't to go fishing with me because it would jinx you forever.

But thanks for the info on downsizing. I will have to give it try soon. Any certain color worms.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Jeremy, I guess it's my dislike for the C'boys that makes me give their fans such a hard time. Been called a lot of things, but for some reason Deacon ain't one of em. The sports franchises I truly detest are the Cowboys and the NY Yankees. My favorite team is whoever is playin agin either of them.

We don't need an excuse to go fishing man, BUT...I'll make this bet..er I mean prediction. The Pies will go 9 and 7 or worse this year. Should they go 10 and 6 or better, me and you hit Barren next June and catch some bass, AND I'll wear a Dallas Cowboys hat the whole trip. Should my prediction come to pass, me and you hit Barren next June and catch some bass, but I get to throw your Cowboys hat in the livewell and it stays there the whole fishing trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished our club tourney 8-25-06 7a-7p. We had one of our best nights on Barren, our biggest fish 3.91,a 3.13 and 4 other solid keepers. 10inch old monster zoom worm 3/8 sinker texas rigged. We where fishing drops where the channel swung in right next to a flat on the main. I don't know what time of day you all are fishing, but from July to end of August we usually just go at night. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: It's on Devils Horse

I'll take that one - In fact I will be keeping my eye out for the perfect hat for you, one that will be nice to wear all year long. I may have to order you one of those big ole blue foam western style Dallas Cowboys hat and I will see if we can get a picture on the front page of fishin.com

You don't need to apologize - I have been called and treated much worse by other fans - especially UK fans. But with the hard time you were giving me I would have definately guessed a deacon (actually at my current church I have really good deacons)or 49ers fan.

Take care and I will keep you posted as the season progresses :) oh, and I with you on the yakees!

Blessed Fishin
    jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot of mold growing in my livewell due to lack of use. I'm already feeling deep sympathy for you having to walk around wearing a Cowpies hat, let alone a fishy stanky moldy one.

I'm okay with you not being a UK fan, having grown up in Alabama I bleed crimson instead of blue. You need to be careful with your congregation though, them UK fans are rabid about their 'cats. Don't want to see you get strung up before next spring.

Post Thanks / Like

>I'm okay with you not being a UK fan, having grown up in
    >Alabama I bleed crimson instead of blue.

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!!

When I first met you, I could tell that there was something just a little off about you, now I know.... not a UK FAN!!!

LOL

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny