Search Fishin.com

Thread: Kentucky Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake

Might be going to Kentucky Lake soon.Will be fishing out of the bay Moors is in.Going to try to catch some bluegill with the kids,and I might get to bass fish a little.Any hints or info on the fishing lately? Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Kentucky Lake

I just got back from a day of fishing today. Great day out there.

It took a while to find the bass, but I did find some very nice bass. I had a great time, just a little lonely. I should have had a picture taker and a net man with me today!!! LOL Lots of nice ones.

I found some good fish on some ledges with wood, and in bays with deep points with grass in about 10 feet of water. My fish were caught mostly on CR creature baits like the baby brush hog. I tried a couple of new baits I got.... swim baits that look like bluegil and crappie fry. I got some decent bites on them this morning early while the light was low around some thicker grass.

If you want to have some great fishing fun with your kids, hire a guide. It will be money well spent. I'd recommend that you contact Dave Stewart.

Good luck, and have fun.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Been pretty slow for me during the day. I have fished that area almost every week this summer and have found the best bite recently has been at sun up and sun set or between midnight and 4 a.m. Points and banks close to old creeks have been the better spots for Bass. Caught some decent gills casting small road runner type baits at wood cover on the bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!Kinda sounds like we might be able to catch something.A baby brush hog on a carolina rig sounds like me.(Really don't know the c-rig well, but been learning.)

Post Thanks / Like

Did our spot have any fish on it Danny sorry i did not get back to you yesterday evening bushoged tell dark and had Rhiannon today give me a r5eport Darrell

Post Thanks / Like

I have done well on a bluegill-kid type of bite this time of the year early in the day on the LBL side while the banks are still shaded by fishing small ultra-light crank baits across shallow main lake gravel flats. Fishing this way you catch all kinds of fish - small bass, whites, yellows, drum, sunfish, redear, yellow perch, gills, etc which makes it fun for the little ones to have that kind of action.

Occasionally we will connect with a pretty nice bass on our toy tackle. When my daughter was 5 or 6 she landed a 4 lb smallmouth on an ultralight rig with 4# line and that was priceless! I got a picture of her holding that fish and it looked as big as she was but her smile told it all. The small rebel craws are our favorite but most itsy cranks will work. One last tip. For bluegills twitch on the surface and/or stop and go.

kc

Post Thanks / Like

Bass bite was good on N. Ky yesterday...shallow early and then ledges later in day. I will be putting up my new fishing report tomorrow evening on the Ky Lake reports page.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Darrell,

No problem... and I too apologize. I thought I answered this, and just noticed that I must not have, since my reply was not there.

Anyway, "our" spot was not loaded by any means. I caught a nice smallie on the rocky area prior to the spot, and got a couple there and missed one or two, but not there like the day we were there.

We've been seeing more and more reports of low current on the lakes. I remember a conversation thread on here about some other power plant down river?? Dont' remember exactly, but I taped Angler on Tour this week, and it was the KY Lake show. Poor ol' Joe Thomas.... he is kind of like me in a tournament... LOL yet I know he can out fish me with his eyes closed. but I thought it was telling when he commented about how little current there was for not only the practice but also for the tournament itself.

I guess it just falls inline with the threads on here. I think if the current patterns are changing, then the fishing patterns will change just like they did when the grass went away. It only makes sense.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Hows the cooler weather going to effect the bite this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

I just put up my new report on the reports page..it has been cool all week here.

Post Thanks / Like

Barkeley Lake

Is the water level low on the Cumberland River side? I have heard that it was way below normal. Are they drawing water on this side or has it been shut down? Not sure what to believe? Unfortunately not close enough to see for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Water levels are right where they are supposed to be for this time of year on both lakes.