Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lower Unit

Post Thanks / Like

Lower Unit

Anyone know where I could get a lower unit for a 120 Evinrude '91?
    Mine blew up...and that really ####!}(

Heck with the prices I have been getting I might as well buy me another boat. When you think it coulnd't get any worse (transmissions and fuel pumps on dodge trucks #### to), this freakin happens and my son will be here anyday. Man give me a break, looks like I'll be fishing out of the pond hopper for a while or not fishing at all...Please let me know if you know anyone that may have a lower unit for this (rebuilt), checkin ebay and the net as of now...the marine shops are tryin to jack me...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Lower Unit

Hey eric. Did you have insurance on the boat? I got a guy in mt. sterling, bout 30 minutes east of Lexington. He rebuilt a buddies LU for $800. He also has a lot of connections to finding used ones. He isnt the fasted in the world since he does all the work himself but I WILL NOT let anyone else touch my boat. I can give you a # if you want

Post Thanks / Like

with any marine shop, you will take a hit. Unfortunately, they have very little to do with it. Depending on how bad you damaged it, it could cost you anywhere from 1300 to 1700 for a rebuild. This should come as no surprise, as one gear for the lower unit can cost as much as 300 bucks from omc, or aftermarket supplier. Give Bill or Steve a call at Professional marine service in Louisville 966-0046. These guys are honest and do top notch work. Believe me, I feel your pain as I have gone through more than my share of lower units in the last couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle, Yea just liability though. But yea send me that guys number and I'll let him know whats going on. I took off the lower unit this weekend...no oil just pure freakin water. What happened? Beats me...but it's gonna hurt the ole pocket. $800-$1000 is soundin' quite a bit better than what I been hearin'. Heh, may just have to take a back seat in your boat...speakin of which if you ever lookin for somebody to go with let me know, I havnt fished the eastern part of the state muchbut would like to. I would really like to get on the KY river and see what its about. Definately gonna go to C-land and Dale after gun season.

Or if you head this way then I'll sure be glad to tag along. I know Nolin, Rough, Taylorsville, and the river up here alright. And if you ever want to venture to hoosier ville then Patoka is the place to go, or Monroe. Patoka is a little over an hour from the house. T-ville 45min, Nolin and Rough little over an hour, never been to guist.. So chime me in if you head to any those, even if you have a tourney there I may be able to help you out some. Thanks,

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Eric,
    You want to go to Nolin in the morning....? Give me a call.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Now Greg you know I am on call! and your askin is just a tease. I definately would love to, and will take you up on that as soon as I'm off call. Man, I havnt been able to do much the past few weeks, chompin at the bit to get out there...You still headin down to Ky this upcoming week>?? lucky you...Let me know how the surgery goes, and when you can get back out on the water. I'd be up for joining you anytime!

G-luck with the bfl

Post Thanks / Like

On call, man your missing out on some good fishing right now. I spent Wed with Dave on KY Lake and fishing is starting to turn on. I will be heading for KY Lake Monday morning for the week. I hope to find a few more spots besides the ones Dave put me on. (Thanks Dave) I did really good on Nolin a few weeks ago. My surgery is on Oct 6th, hope to be up and ready by March.

Post Thanks / Like

The guys name is Greg Arrosmith(sp?) at Outback Marine in Mt. Sterling, the number is 859-498-6225, tell him Kyle sent you, he'll help ya if he can. And yea gonna keep the lakes hot this fall, its nice when all you deer fanatics hit the woods, the fish start getting bait dumb again. I plan on fishing the ABA both days on T-ville middle of next month, may do some pre-fishin on friday if your interested, still a long way off though. And your not missin much on the KY river down here right now, might be different around f-fort but it #### down here right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with Brad Lafoe at Lawrenceburg (Ky) Marine @ 502-839-3401. I was in his shop about 2 weeks ago to say hello and he had a lower unit for a 4 cyl omc sitting in his shop for sale as he ask me if I knew of anyone that needed one. Brad quit working on outboards some time ago and just goes to his shop to sell parts and work on his remote control airplanes and gossip with friends who stop by to see him. He is in his shop Mon thru Fri only.

Post Thanks / Like

Gregg: As always enjoyed the day with you. Good luck next week and good luck with the surgury....I know you will be glad to get rid of all that pain.