Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ky and Barkley Lake Tournaments EOM?

I have a FOM Regional coming up the last weekend this month. i went to the KY Tournament board and there is like 5 tournaments going out this weekend. Ky lake will have close to 400 boats and Barkley close to 200. Is this the norm and how does it affect the lake. What is the ticket to get in the money when you are fishing back to back with this many boats? Any suggestions? I have never been on a lake with this many boats in a tournament. Any advice besides be careful?
    Thanks,
    Bassky:o

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ky and Barkley Lake Tournaments EOM?

That is minimal compared to the 1st weekend of October, Midwest Sportsman will have 500-600 boats 4 ramps KY Dam, Ken Lake, Kuttawa, and Barkley State Park, BWST will have about 200 out of Jonathan Creek and ABA out of Paris. That weekend is looking at 800-1000 boats. So the weekend of your tournament will have the boats you mentioned plus all the boats listed above practicing for their tournaments.

This time of year is tough because fish are in transition. Best advice is to find a couple of spots that are holding fish and set on them.

I know I'm leaving Friday night 9/15 and will be down there through 9/24 for the BFL and the USA Bassin Classic. Then back again 9/30 for the Hopkins County Fall Classic and 10/1 for Toyota Classic.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Ky and Barkley Lake Tournaments EOM?

The more the merrier! I'll be there for the BFL this weekend as well. All I can tell you is that what works one day will more than likely not work the next! This time of year, you must be flexible because the conditions are changing everyday! Best of luck to you and everyone else out there! See ya at the scales!