Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Partner

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Partner

Ok, I'm looking for a fishing partner who likes to fish, I don't do much Tournament fishing anymore and have never been to ky Lake or Barkley. I'm looking for someone who knows how expensive it is too own a boat and tow vehicle, someone who isn't afraid to help out on expenses when going to a lake to fish for the day or even a weekend... Tournaments aren't out of the picture, but I'm not the greatest and knowledgeable fisherman there is and not a rookie either, I've been Bass fishing since the mid 80's from Lake Monroe in Indiana to as far south as Green River Lake and Nolin Lake. If interested in meeting someone new and possibly starting a new friendship let me know...I just hate fishing alone, but have two sons that are only good for about 2 hours max when we go out together...

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishing Partner

Where are you located at? How far do you want to travel to meet someone? I am not sure if you are talking about somneone fishing with you in your boat and sharing expenses or if you want to go in someone else's boat and you help with expenses. A little more information please (like your age, etc.)?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are interested in fishing KY or Barkley I would be glad to show you around. I live in Southern Indiana but have a RV on KY lake and fish there every other weekend or so.I too fish alone most of the time. On occassion the wife will tag along and pan fish from the back while I bass fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up two miles from Ky Dam, still call Calvert City home and stay there most weekends. I currently live in Louisville for college and travel back and forth a lot. If you ever want to go, just let me know! I definitely would like to fish the weekend of Oct. 7th and 8th. Sold my boat in order to upgrade, so I'm definitely looking to hitch a ride with someone that weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Partner on Hold

Must wait until later time to find new partner, wife is fuming about possibility of going off on fishing trips with someone I don't know... Will wait and see how things turn out.... Sorry for bad news....

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Fishing Partner on Hold

I too fish alone most of the time. I too would love to share the trip and the expenses. I can't fish those 8 and 9 hour days anymore, my back just own't take it.

I live in Muhlenberg County, have a Triton TR21 with 225 opti.

Hopefully your wife will relent. My wife was concerned the first time I fished with a couple of the guys off this site, but not anymore. I've fished with Grumpy, Dew and some numbers, slopfishin, and SilverRanger.

Maybe if you can get her to accompany you to the get together next summer, she might trust us to not all be bad influences... LOL

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

not revelent to this post as far as partner but some good insight had never fished with anyone i didnt know until a few years back when i made the top 8 in our club the top 4 are boaters -bottom 4 non boaters i was a boater so this tournament was a 2 day which meant i would draw 2 different partners one for each day and i really had some issues about fishing with someone i didnt know. like thier personality would they talk ,share insight ect.... so after the last day of fishing with 2 guys i had never met i had the best time i have ever had fishing .this was probably 6-8 years ago and these people that i had never met are still friends today hope this helps and your wife lets you go. just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

RE: I'll be a reference for Danny

If you're wifes looking for references, I'll vouch for Danny. I met him through this site and have fished with him a few times. He's good people.

We hooked up down at Barkley one day and I opened his eyes to the art of finesse fishing. He probably still thinks I'm just a tad nuts.;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff....

I knew I was leaving someone very important out!! LOL.. also Calvin Hobbs.

BTW, I now have a spinning reel and light rod, 8 lb. line in my arsenal. I caught two drum that went about 20 lbs each on that light rig... what great fun.

I plan on having that rig in hand tomorrow too!!!

Come on down, call in sick... it does a body good.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Thanks Jeff....

I was just down there weekend before last. Had a really good time. Best fish was a 3 pound smallie that blew up a buzz bait. I hate it when nice smallies do that!!;-)

Redj and Harold will be down there all week for the Midwest classic. They're going out of Eddy Creek the first two days. I only have two vacation days left this year, and I'll probably use them bowhunting.

Glad to hear that you've joined the ranks of us light tackle fishermen. There's days when it really works. Plus it's just so much fun when you get a good one on!!

Hope all is well with you and Mary.

Post Thanks / Like

You couldn't find two better guys to fish with than Danny and Jeff!
    Danny was our unofficial guide on Barkley a few years back, showed
    us soom of his favorite spots. Also had a great lunch at Prizer
    Point. Danny, myself, and a number of other board members fished
    the Fishin.com tournament on Barren this year, had a great time
    fishing and at the cookout.:P

Calvin Hobbs

Post Thanks / Like

How ya been Calvin? Haven't seen you around in awhile. I thought I'd run into you at the SOKY charity tournament on Barren, but never saw you there.

You still slummin around with that no count Francis Gardner?