Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any help on Cedar.......................

OK ........after 3 weeks of trying to get down cedar creek It finally seems that I am going to get down there tomorrow...........
    as long as no meteor strikes or some catastrophic event happens to keep me from getting there. Anyone have any helpful info that might help. Only been on the lake one time and that was way back in march of last year. Any info is appreciated and will report back tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Any help on Cedar.......................

I fished Cedar last week when the weather was cool and water was high and the fishing was tough. I would say the fishing should pick up with the warmer weather and less water. I only caught 8 to 12 inch bass on a jig during the day and top late in the evening. I used every thing in my box and it didn't help. I talked to one other boat that day and the story was the same, but they caught their bass on t-g worms against the bank. I noticed the bigger bass were on the banks behind the cedars and impossible to reach them.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: have not been there

Guys, i have never been to cedar thinking of going soon on a sat. or sun. whats the boat traffic like down there and could you fish it with a small jon. my boat is going to the shop to get fixed, finally got enough money to get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: have not been there

You can fish from a small Jon boat, but I would stay close to shore to avoid the larger waves that boats leave at times. Fast boats leave less wake than slower boats most of the time. It just depends upon who is playing and who is fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Jon Boat

I fish from my 14 foot tracker with a 15 hp all the time down there. I put in at the Cedar Ridge ramp so i could be closer to the water i like. Right now i would cast crankbaits and rattletraps and pitch plastics and jigs at the stuff that looks good. We have been doing that for a month now and it's been a blast. No big fish just 10-14" fish with an occasional 16" fish. Several trips now we are getting doubles on while cranking. Good Luck to ya, let us know how you do. Don :-)

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Any help on Cedar.......................

Hello -DCBASSER what will you be in tom. at cedar--I will be fishing down there tom. too....????????? G L TO YOU ALL

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Hope to see you...........................

I will be with a buddy of mine in his red and black 21 ft norris craft. should probably get down there at around 9.00 A.M. Give me a yell would like to meet some of you folks off the board. I will be the bald guy looking lost. LOL Really looking forward to fishing Cedar , after fishing Laurel all summer long will be good to get some new scenery.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there also Black and Silver Ranger stop by and say Hi! Hey GW what will you be in.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Man O Man, BiggW and Wormin you guys are KILLING ME!!!!! You guys need to save some of the HOGS for the weekend warriors. But you wait I have some good looking numbers for tonights POWERBALL "LOL" DCBASSER, Good Luck Tomorrow and Throw whatcha know..

Post Thanks / Like

I would try a green pumpkin brush hog wit a dip and glow green tail. I had all kinds of luck back in the first of september over there. mostly fishied the road bed and the rip rap and the boat ramp! Cought 4 keepers over there this summer and one weighing 6 1/2 lbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Well finally got down to Cedar and despite the storms and gail winds it wasn't too bad. Managed to catch four largeheads and a catfish. I guess I was just a little lost , only the 2nd time I have been on the lake. Caught everything on a bandit flatmaxx crankbait in the white and chartreuse color. Would not touch anything else. Did lose One good fish that seemed to wrap me in all those dang trees and cost me my bandit LOL guess I'll get it back next time. Sorry I didn't get to meet you wormin. Couldn't see with the rain beating my eyes shut.LMAO As they say there is always next time.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: What Rain?

Did it rain on your end of the lake?LOL.When that second storm blew thru we made it under the bridge right as it hit, those winds had to be 45 mph, had the trolling motor wide open just to stay under the bridge. We hung in there all day,Fished from 7:30am till 6;30 pm we had 18 fish between us with him having big fish of the day alittle over 4lb and the rest were 15" or less. We will be going back on Monday and try and find were all those big fish have moved off too. Maybe we will catch you next time.