Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

heroes in my book

Just wanted to take a minute to thank two fisherman from Tenn. that fished the FOM tournament last weekend..Didn't get their names..but anyway..coming into Moor's on Wed. my partner and I saw a boat sitting against the rip rap bank on the right going in,and didn't see anyone in the boat..the guys from Tenn were in front of us and seen this at the same time..so we both made our way over..them in front..as we got closer we saw that there was nobody inside the boat..and it was banging against the rocks..immediately I got that sick feeling thinking something bad was wrong..so the Tenn guys creep around front of it,and all a sudden I see the guy in front jump toward the bank and start reaching down into the water...he came up with a guy..wearing no life jacket,a t-shirt and a pair of shorts in 68 degree water..and so drunk he couldnt sit up straight..he jerked this 200 pound guy out of the lake and onto the deck of his boat..after talking with the Tenn guys..they said when they came around front of the guys boat...all they saw was his hand sticking out of the water...the guys boat was full of beer cans..and water from the night before's rain..even though this guy was probably too drunk to remember any of this..he owes his life to those two guys from Tenn. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

RE: heroes in my book

Thanks for ralaying this information to all who see this board. I don't drink, but those who do need to really pay attention to this sort of accident, it could happen to them while out on the water drinking....

Post Thanks / Like

RE: heroes in my book

Kudos to you guys, whomever you may be.

Post Thanks / Like

And that's why....

You are right, those guys are heros.

Also, that is exactly why I don't allow beer in my boat. alcohol and water don't mix well, and it is easy to get dead out there.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: And that's why....

There's a time and place for everything....on the water in a boat is neither the time, nor the place for alcohol. I'll drink it when the day's done, but not in my boat.

Big thanks to those good sams from Tennessee.

Post Thanks / Like

>There's a time and place for everything....on the water in a
    >boat is neither the time, nor the place for alcohol. I'll
    >drink it when the day's done, but not in my boat.
    >
    >Big thanks to those good sams from Tennessee.
    >
    >
    You said it brother , keep your mind on the fishing and we all have a cold one while sitting on the ol P.C. talking about the one that got away when we get home. Props to the guys who saved the ol boy out there. Hope he remembers it next time he is on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol and water do mix well.

They do mix well with a little bit of ice. but not a good idea while on a boat. I would like to see the water patrol get after these 40 foot wave makers and see if their drivers are drinking. They have no problem pulling over one of us. I have had to take dui test on the water before (I wasn't drinking) it's hard to stand on one foot on a boat. I was at Ky dam and one of those ships came out throwing a 3 foot wake and they saw him and didn't even try to pull him over.

Post Thanks / Like

>There's a time and place for everything....on the water in a
    >boat is neither the time, nor the place for alcohol. I'll
    >drink it when the day's done, but not in my boat.
    >
    >Big thanks to those good sams from Tennessee.
    >
    >

Couldn't have said it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the house/cabin cruisers point.

The law used to say no drinking on the deck of a boat, or something like that. How do I know? My mom and dad, bless their hearts, were two of the biggest drinkers ever. We kept a keg in a refrigerator with a tap out the side... they went through about 4 kegs a week. In fact on Friday nights, they would go through a keg, a fifth of Very Old Barton bourbon, and a pint of gin. My dad loved the river.... we lived in Henderson and he built a homemade houseboat just for the purpose of getting around the law and drinking on the water.

Other than their having found me floating face down in the river and needing resucitation (spelling) ... and yes, that is probably what is wrong with me, we were fortunate and never lost anyone. They would anchor and fish all night... then we would have pancakes on an island when they sobered up.

I think it is time to really enforce the alcohol laws on the lakes. It's kind of like the drinking and driving thing... way back when they were kids, there just wasn't as many cars on the road, so less accidents, same with boats.. many more boats now.

OK, getting off my soap box.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Agree with the house/cabin cruisers point.

Danny it's all so clear to me now, just kiddin LOL.