Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angler on Tour.... any guesses???

OK, it seems our friend, Joe Thomas, did not requalify for the Elite Series, unless he gets some type of exemption.

So what are your guesses about the series Angler on Tour? Does he switch to the FLW Tour, or does he do away with the series?

Any thoughts?

I know Matt will probably have inside information, and he too is welcome to post.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Angler on Tour.... any guesses???

I think he's going to hang it up. That's only my guess. I sure hope not because I like AOT.

Post Thanks / Like

The way Joe was talking last week, I think he's done. However, it's not the last we'll see of him. He seems to be in real tight with ReelOutdoors Productions of Cincinnati, and him being from Cincinnati it's just convenient. I think they should put Kevin Wurth in Joe's place, but as Kevin told me, "I like being incognito, especially at the U of L games. I don't like getting a lot of attention." He also said he's soon going to tackle the PGA. He did however say that Early Times wants him to sign a five year contract with him, so I guess he's going to fish a little longer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I use to like Kevin Wirth until I just read that he goes to
    U of L games.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Joe will hang it up but I hate to see it. He is more like the majority of bass fisherman . some times you win some times you don't. the last show explaining how he fished for smallies and then hitting the docks was probably the most actual info he has shared. I really feel the Name says it all Angler on Tour not superfisherman on tour. Just my eleven cents worth...:-)

Post Thanks / Like

>Well, I use to like Kevin Wirth until I just read that he
    >goes to
    >U of L games.

I hear he used to be a UK fan until they kicked him out of Rupp once for clapping too loudly. Woke some of the season ticket holders up, apparently.

(Sorry, Scott)

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happens....

Nice thoughts guys.

Whatever happens, I wish Joe the best of luck. I agree, he seems much more like us.. the regular fishermen and he shows his poor performance side as well.

I hope he keeps his Ultimate Match Fishing, as well as maybe some new innovative entertainment ventures for us all.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

No argument there. I have to agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, that hurt a true blue fan but at least we have Season Ticket Holders, even if most of them are sleeping or changing their Depends frequently, and don't have to open up the doors to the public and display "Free Admission" to "Sale" out our home games.

Seriously, hope Joe catches on somewhere in the industry because he really shows the passionate side of the sport versus other "Superstars" .

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Joe does not quit AOT as I really like to watch his show and how he breaks down a lake when he prefishes. I also like the UMF series that he hosts. I know that he may feel that he is letting his sponsors and fans down by not winning, but how long did Ish Monroe fish before he won his first major tourney? I am sure that taping the show while he is trying to prefish is somewhat distracting, but he can honestly say that he is presenting a 30 minute fishing seminar (less the commercial time) instead of a 30 minute show pushing products by the shows sponsors like so many others do.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else watch Joe and sense a confidence, or negativity problem? I'm like you all, he seems like one of the nicest guys out there, but sometimes when he describes an upcoming tournament it's almost like he talks himself out of doing well...

Post Thanks / Like

My two cents....... I hate to hear that cause whether you like his show or not Joe is a super nice guy. I personally like his show. I'm sure that show and some of the other ones he does are distractions at times. I like to see a good guy do well.