Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

going to guntersville for the first time any info?

I am going to lake guntersville on the 10th of Oct. I have never been any information on where to fish ect. I will be Rat fishing over the grass.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: going to guntersville for the first time any info?

Go to the Alabama Discussion board and read "Lake Guntersville "Fishing Tip of the Week 10/4"".

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous, it looks like I won't get to go to the G this rat fishing season, too many committments. If the rat bite is on, it's the most fun you can have bass fishing. It'll stop your heart from beating when them big sows blow up on your bait. I'll warn you ahead of time they miss the bait way more than they get it. Wait to you feel pressure before setting the hook. This is very difficult. If you are a normal human being you'll hit yourself in the forehead with the rat/frog the first couple of blow ups before learning how to do it. Go with a white frog or rat if the sun's out, or dark green if it's overcast.

The Goosepond area near Scottsboro is a good place, I believe that's North Sauty. A huge creek with lot's of good fishing. South Sauty on the other side of the main lake is good too. You shouldn't have any problem finding grass mats to work.

Here's my best advice. Use a low ratio rugged bait casting reel with braided line, and the stiffest rod you have. I like my Lews BB1ng spooled with 16lb diameter 60lb break braid on a heavy action Falcon Lizard Dragger. Monofilament+wimpy rod/reel=tears of anguish. Tighten your drag down with a monkey wrench and gitcha some. When you feel pressure set the hook viciously, and winch in 4 to 8 pounds of pissed off bass along with 10 pounds of grass. Bubba style power fishing at it's finest.

Dang I done got myself juiced up...I think I feel a case of the flu comin on.

Post Thanks / Like

DH
    The only cure for that flu is: Take a little goose from a pond and add a little north salty to it and slow cook until it become a big hog.
    I will be glad to help you with that cure. Just name when you want the cure.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got the cure for rat flu Ben. Might just have to take you up on that. Looks like the frog bite's a decent bet from the reports over on the bfhp.

Got humbled on Barkley yesterday. After a win and a 3rd place the last 2 tourneys, some bad decisions, a break off, and short fish left me with a blank over there. A skunk on Barkley of all places. Ouch!

Post Thanks / Like

just got back from the big G, rat bite was good on Wed and thurs, but the cold front moved thru late thurs and shut them down pretty good. It was very tough on fri, sat, and sun.

Good luck, it should get better every day this week.

Post Thanks / Like

30 degree drop

Temp's supposed to fall 30 degrees between Wed and Thur this week. Now that boys and girls is a cold front.

Post Thanks / Like

The one thing you do not hear about is that the "mat fishing" is off for 2 to 3 days after a decent rain fall. That occurs with or without a cold front event. When mat fishing look to the inside edge when on the lake. Fish lower half of the lake from Comer Bridge toward dam. Stay within the bouys when running at ALL times. If trolling motor stops check circuit breaker first. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: 30 degree drop...ELNUT!!

Come on man, I know your praying for the clippers, is this one your evil doings? Cant you just wait another month, I got a good thing going right now, lol