Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Chartreuse/Green nightcrawlers

Where around Barren or Nolin lakes can I buy some Chartreuse/Green nightcrawlers. I know you can buy the stuff (Nitro Glo) and do it your self but I need them this week. I talked to a guy that said he was catching catfish on them when they wouldn't bite anything else but didn't ask him where he got them <doh> I had never seen them in person before and man are they bright. Wouldn't mind trying them on the walleye sometime either.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Chartreuse/Green nightcrawlers

If anyone could just give the names of some bait shops about or around these two lakes I could just call and see if they had them. My local phone book has squat under the bait shops/fishing listing but I'm sure if I had a name I could google a phone # for them.

Anyone used the Chartreuse/Green nightcrawlers before? Any better than the the regular ones?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't Walmart carry them?

Post Thanks / Like

D&L Market on hwy 259 on Barren May have them 270-622-7596

Rowdy

Post Thanks / Like

If you live near a river/stream/creek you can do even better than the nitro-injected crawlers. In and around some banks you can find a true green worm. They are naturally green and stink. I guess that is why fish seem to love them. I've tried both the "nitro worms" and the green worms and there is a big difference in productivity. The true green worms are the size and shape of a redworm but I've caught plenty of decent sized fish on them including some really nice cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe this or not.... But you can attract / find these famous green worms underneath a pen holding rabbits. We had several pens of rabbits when I was a boy and when I'd want to get some worms to use for fishing I'd dig them up underneath the rabbit pens. Something about the rotting rabbit manure would attract the worms.... Maybe you know someone who has pet rabbits and you can locate some of these worms under their rabbit pens....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. Will call and check out D&L and Wally world.

Wonder if the wild green worms mentioned are a result of being in a really Nitrogen rich soil since thats what is supposed to turn the night crawlers green.

Post Thanks / Like

More than likely. The ground around the banks of the river that runs through my grandfather's farm is loaded w/nitrogen from all the cow piles. I have even occasionally found them up away from the river around the barn while just digging for any kind of worm I could find. The nitrogen would explain the color and being underneath some kind of animal deffacation(sp.) would explain the strong smell. Makes you wonder about eating fish when they like to eat such nasty critters. lol Just kidding, my supper tonight included some of the stripers that my dad and grandpa caught on their guided trip @ C-land Tuesday. Boy was it good.