Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

dale hollow help

me and a buddy have a trip to dale hollow coming up the weekend of the 17th. neither one of us have ever fished it before. i'm hoping someone will give me some help on some spots we could fish with a ky license. i know asking for spots is like asking for your first born but neither of us have ever been there and I have never personally targeted smallies so i want to catch some those DH footballs. any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: dale hollow help

Are you trying to cheat?:P

Buck

Post Thanks / Like

Its not outside the cut off date yet is it?:7

Post Thanks / Like

awwwww hell ya'll ain't supposed to be over here too lol. i'm not trying cheat just trying to compete with you guys. you all are going to wear me out on the water after i take your money playing poker lol. help a brother out.

Post Thanks / Like

David, you may consider spending the money for a TN liscense as well. I have both and spend most of my time in TN waters on Dale. Not to say there are not any smallies on the KY side but especially for FNF season, TN is better especially in Jan and Feb when the water is clearer south of First Island where I plan on spending those 2 months. If you must stay in Ky for this trip, and with the way the water temps are dropping my guess is that it will be mid to upper 50's by then which means the smallies will be heading for the bluffs and deep points. Focus on points next to bluffs or deeper water, jerkbaits, suspended crankbaits, jigs (which always produce, 1/2 oz Silver Buddies(some were asking about these recently and the BP in Jamestown has plenty for I bought 6 of them yesterday on my way back home, then have different colors and sizes as well) and topwater zara spooks early and late should work by then. Send me an email, (woodkrump@sbcglobal.net) and I will give you one specific spot in Illwill that you may catch some smallies on topwater by that time that has produced in the past. Zara Spooks will work for topwater and even when they go down, have another rod rigged with a 3/4 oz Rattle Trap and start fan casting that will produce a few more.

onemorecast56 Guest

yup, trying to get a jump on us boys ain`t ya D....LOL,,thats ok,,i`ll give ya a few good spots,,,TEE HEE

Post Thanks / Like

thanks elwood i'll send you an email here in a sec. and thanks to you to doug lol

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! Desperate eh?

Post Thanks / Like

go back to BBC mike lol