Search Fishin.com

Thread: Best gloves

Post Thanks / Like

Best gloves

With colder weather anyone got any ideas on cold weather gloves to wear while fishing? And where to get them. I have been wearing seal skins artic gloves but they are no longer water proof.
    Thanks,
    geobass

Post Thanks / Like

RE: Best gloves

George,

I've got a pair of neoprene gloves. They are cold when first put on, but once the heat builds up, they are very good. The thumb, first, and second fingers have an opening that will let you bring your fingers out, and the flaps will velcro back. The only real problem is that those tabs sometimes hang on fishing line when I am fishing.

The best I've ever seen was a pair of wool mittens that the finger portion would fold back exposing your fingers, they also velcroed in position.

If you find a better set, please let us all know what you get. Always looking for something better.

Thanks and good luck George.

Tight lines and God Bless

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

The flip finger neoprene gloves came from bass pro shop. I have a pair and really like them. $19.95

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them all and the best is ragg wool gloves I like the glomitt kind and I have put a lot of hours on the water in all condition's

Post Thanks / Like

What I use in the spring is some regular fishing gloves that has the fingers tips cut off, BUT underneath them I have some medical surgical gloves from walmart, you know the kind the Dr uses when he checks your-never mind. Helps to keep the hands dry and can also feel the line in case one should happen to get a bite.

Post Thanks / Like

YEP, theres the winter fishing tip of the year. Buy about 10 pairs of small jersey gloves, and a box of TIGHT latex gloves. Cut the trigger and thumb out of the jerseys and put them over top the latex. The jerseys will dampen throughout the day, thats why its nice to have a couple more try pairs but the latex keeps the hands dry and thats the ticket